Air Fryer Frozen Okra
Jan 15, 2021, Updated Apr 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air fryer frozen okra is an easy side dish that can be cooked in less than 20 minutes. Tasty, crunchy bites of okra that make a great addition to any meal.
The air fryer is still one of my favorite appliances in the kitchen. We use it several times a week if not more. These machines cook quickly by circulating hot air around the food and are really easy to clean. It’s also a great way to achieve crispy, delicious food like air fryer egg rolls, air fryer potato skins, and air fryer pizza rolls.
Frozen vegetables are another one of my kitchen staples. When you are short on time, frozen vegetables are a great option to get food on the table fast. I also love that you don’t have to wait until harvest season to get them fresh because it’s easy to find them in the freezer section all year long.
What you need
Frozen fried okra – Use your favorite brand of frozen breaded okra.
Air fryer – There are many wonderful brands and styles on the market. I have been using this 5.8 quart machine for over a year. You can read my full review of it’s features and also air fryers I recommend for large families.
Olive oil – This is optional. I like to give the okra a light spray of oil to help them get golden brown. You could also use coconut or avocado oil.
How to make
Using this method of cooking is great because you don’t have to worry about deep frying in a bunch of oil to achieve crispiness and crunch and you don’t have to worry about thawing. These okra are cooked straight from frozen.
- Prepare: Add frozen okra to air fryer basket. Spread out into one layer. Be sure not to let them pile on each other to ensure even cooking.
- Spray: Spray with oil. I like to use an oil mister for air frying.
- Cook: Air fryer at 400 degrees F for 7 minutes. Remove basket, shake, cook again for 7-8 minutes or until desired crispiness. Serve warm.
- This okra is great on it’s own but I also like serving it with dipping sauces like ranch or French onion.
- All air fryers cook a little different. Mine cooked up in 14 minutes but you might need to add 2-3 minutes of cook time depending on your machine.
- Make sure to spray the okra if you would like it to get that beautiful golden brown color.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 5-6 minutes.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air fryer baked potatoes – Easy to make in about 45 minutes.
- Air fryer delicata squash – Roasted delicata squash.
- Air fryer acorn squash – Make acorn squash sweet or savory.
- Air fryer carrots – A super quick side dish that even the kids will enjoy.
- Air fryer cabbage – Crispy, seasoned cabbage steaks.
More Recipes You Will Love
Let me know if you made this recipe in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
Air Fryer Frozen Okra
- 1 12 oz bag breaded frozen okra
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Place frozen okra in air fryer basket. Spread the okra out so it's not on top of each other.
- Spray frozen okra with olive oil
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 7 minutes. Shake the basket and cook at 400 degrees for another 7-8 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.