Air Fryer Ribeye
Jul 19, 2021, Updated Jun 08, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air fryer ribeye is tender and juicy. Made in about 10 minutes, this steak recipe is perfect for an easy, hearty meal sure to impress everyone.
What makes this so good
Cooks fast – Depending on how done you like your ribeye, this hands off method of cooking will have your steak finished in about 9-11 minutes.
Easy clean-up – Air fryers are easy to clean, in fact most baskets can be put in the dish washer.
Ribeye steak – Ribeyes tend to have a nice marble of fat that adds flavor to the meat as it cooks. Use bone-in or boneless for this recipe. If using boneless, cook time will be shorter.
Olive oil – This helps prevent sticking and helps give some nice color to the steak.
Seasonings – Feel free to use just salt and pepper or one of your favorite seasoning blends like Montreal seasoning or this steak seasoning.
Air Fryer – This was cooked in a basket style Cosori 5.8 quart. You can read my review of this machine to see if it would be a good option. There are many wonderful brands on the market just be aware that they do cook a little different.
How to cook air fryer ribeye steak
Don’t hesitate to try steak in the air fryer. You will be surprised how amazing it turns out.
The thickness of the steak will make a difference in the amount of time needed to cook. You will typically find them in 8 oz , about 1-inch thick or 16 oz, 1.5-inches thick.
This recipe is for one steak but you can easily make 2 at a time. Just make sure there is enough room in the basket so the hot air can circulate around them.
- Let steaks sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before seasoning. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees for about 2-3 minutes. You want the basket nice and hot.
- Brush both sides with olive oil and then rub both sides with spices.
- Place the ribeye in the basket and cook for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from basket and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
- Make sure to let the steak sit out at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cooking.
- Rub in the spices to ensure the best flavor.
- If you are worried about the fryer smoking, add a 1-2 tablespoons of water at the bottom of the basket to prevent any smoke.
- Take the meat out of the air fryer basket after cooking and then let it rest for about 5 minutes. This helps get a nice, juicy steak.
- You can use this method to cook different cuts of steak like skirt steak, sirloin and filet.
- It’s important to use a meat thermometer to achieve the perfect cook.
Rare: 125 degrees F
Medium Rare: 135 degrees F
Medium: 145 degrees F
Medium Well: 155 degrees F
Well Done: 160 degrees F
What to serve with ribeye
There are many delicious side dishes that pair well with steak. A few favorites are:
Rice – Seasoned rice, white rice, risotto
How to store cooked ribeye steak
Store: Let the cooked meat completely cool. Store any leftover steak in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat: You can reheat the ribeye in the air fryer at 370 for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze: Let cooked steak cool. Store in a freezer safe bag or container for 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and then reheat in the air fryer or oven.
More easy air fryer recipes
Air Fryer Ribeye
- Air Fryer
- 1 ribeye steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- Preheat air fryer at 400 degrees F for 2-3 minutes.
- Brush olive oil on each side of the steak. Rub seasonings on both sides of steak.
- Place 1-inch ribeye in the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes, flipping over halfway through cooking. (I 1.5-inch steak might take 10-12 minutes.)
- Remove from basket and let the steak rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.