Air fryer snow peas are a simple, delicious side dish or snack. These lightly seasoned snow peas can be made in less than 10 minutes.
Roasting vegetables in the air fryer is so fast and easy. You can cook almost anything like broccoli, carrots and zucchini. Roasted snow peas are one of my favorites. The quick roast brings out their delicious sweetness.
Did you know that snow peas and sugar snap peas are different types of peas? While they are similar, snow peas are flatter with small peas in the pod and sugar snaps are fatter and taste a little sweeter.
Why this recipe works
Healthy – Snow peas are full of vitamins, fiber and protein.
Fast – These can be cooked in under 10 minutes.
Easy – Just a few simple ingredients are needed.
Snow peas – These peas can be found already trimmed and cleaned in the produce aisle. You can also use them fresh from your garden, just be sure to wash and trim them. You can also use this recipe with snap peas.
Olive oil – Helps to cook the peas.
Salt, pepper – Feel free to use your favorite seasonings.
Sesame seeds – Optional but I like the extra texture they add.
Air fryer – I use a 5.8 quart basket style air fryer but they also work in an oven style.
How to make air fryer snow peas
- Place snow peas, olive oil, salt, pepper and sesame seeds in a bowl. Toss to coat.
- Cook at 380 for 7 minutes. You can toss them halfway through cooking.
What to serve with snow peas
These make a tasty snack, in a salad, or used in a stir fry. They are also great as a side dish. Try serving them with things like:
How to store
Let them completely cool and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes.
There are many ways you can season snow peas. Here are a few suggestions to try:
- Italian blend seasonings and grated parmesan cheese
- Lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic powder
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Soy sauce and sesame seeds
Be careful not to overcook these peas. You want them to still have a little crunch.
Each air fryer model cooks a little different so I recommend checking them halfway through cooking. If they are looking almost done, continue cooking for 1-2 more minutes.
More air fryer vegetables
- Air fryer spaghetti squash
- Air fryer garlic
- Air fryer roasted tomatoes
- Air fryer okra
- Air fryer asparagus
If you made this recipe be sure to let me know in the comments.
Air Fryer Snow Peas
- 6 oz snap peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Place snap peas, olive oil, salt, pepper and sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Toss to coat the peas. Place in air fryer basket and cook at 380 degrees F for 7 minutes. Toss halfway through cooking.
- Carefully remove and serve warm.
Leave a Reply