Air Fryer Cooking Times
Jan 20, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet can be printed off and used as an easy reference. This will make cooking in the air fryer easier and help you know how long to cook vegetables, meat and frozen food.
I love my air fryer! It’s probably one of my favorite kitchen appliances! You can cook almost anything usually with less time and with less fat and calories. It’s also very easy to clean making it great for busy people and families!
We moved into a new house this year that did not have a microwave. I haven’t missed it because the air fryer can heat and crisp food up just as fast.
When I first bought my air fryer I was constantly looking for cooking times and temperatures on my phone or computer so I decided to make this printable to keep in my kitchen. I laminated mine and keep it in my kitchen binder.
WHAT IS AN AIR FRYER?
- This kitchen appliance was designed to simulate deep frying by using hot air and a minimal amount of oil. You can think of it as a small convection oven that sits on the counter.
HOW DO AIR FRYERS WORK?
The fryer uses a fan to circulate hot air around the food that is contained in a basket. Most brands heat up and cook quickly.
AIR FRYER COOKING TIMES AND TEMPERATURES
DOWNLOAD AIR FRYER COOKING TIMES CHEAT SHEET HERE
This printable is great to keep as an Air Fryer Time and Temps reference in your kitchen. Please keep in mind that air fryer temperatures can vary depending on the make and model but this is a great starting point.
IS AIR FRIED FOOD HEALTHY?
The wonderful thing about this cooking method is that you get similar results to deep frying food without all of the fat and grease. Depending on what you are cooking, only a little oil is needed. This makes it a “healthier” way to cook certain food.
DO AIR FRYERS COOK FASTER THAN AN OVEN?
- Since they are smaller and more compact, the fryers heat up much quicker and cook faster. They are able to circulate the hot air faster and evenly.
DO YOU PREHEAT AN AIR FRYER?
I will admit I don’t typically preheat mine. Most air fryers on the market suggest to preheat so that food will cook evenly. I would suggest setting your air fryer to the cooking temperature you want and run it for 2-3 minutes to preheat.
TIPS FOR COOKING IN THE AIR FRYER
- Don’t use aerosol sprays (like PAM) in your air fryer. This was a mistake I made when I first started using mine. The spray can cause chipping in the basket. Use an oil mister instead.
- Leave room in the basket and don’t overcrowd. If your basket is crowded it might prevent the food from crisping up.
- Grease the basket with oil so that nothing sticks.
- Cook food in a single layer.
- Flip or shake food half way through cooking time. This helps ensure even cooking and crispiness.
WHAT ARE THE BEST AIR FRYERS?
You can find great air fryers in a variety of sizes and price ranges. Here are a few of the best on the market.
AIR FRYER RECIPES
There are endless things that can be cooked using an air fryer. From steak to cake! Here are a few of my favorite recipes. Enjoy!
- Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Air Fryer Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast