This Sparkling Cranberry Lime Mocktail welcomes the holidays. Full of bubbles and a hint of lime and cranberry, this mocktail is sure to please your holiday guests.
The holiday season is fast approaching and I am already dreaming about all of the delicious food and drinks to add to my entertaining menu. One thing I enjoy creating are special mocktails so all of my guests feel like they can be part of the festivities.
For this mocktail I am using an ingredient that screams celebration to me, bubbles! Sparkly, fizzy, festive bubbles! Sparkling Lime water gives this drink a refreshing and crisp taste, while adding those wonderful bubbles.
Cranberries are also an ingredient that most people associate with the holidays. For this mocktail, I start with fresh cranberry simple syrup and top it off with a 12 oz can of DASANI® Sparkling Lime. To add a little extra sparkle, I top the drink with a skewer of sugared cranberries and a twist of lime.
HOW TO MAKE A SPARKLING CRANBERRY MOCKTAIL
Start with making the cranberry simple syrup.
CRANBERRY SIMPLE SYRUP
I had to use frozen cranberries since it is still October and our stores do not have the fresh cranberries on the shelves. Take the cranberries and place them in a blender or food processor. Pulse them until they are all chopped and close to liquid.
Next add the chopped cranberries, sugar and water to a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until all of the sugar is dissolved. Put the mixture through a strainer or cheesecloth so you are left with the cranberry syrup liquid. The syrup should be stored in the refrigerator and can be kept for up to one week.
Fill a highball glass with ice and frozen cranberries. Add two tablespoons of cranberry simple syrup and then top with Sparkling Lime water. I garnished mine with sugared cranberries and a twist of lime. For the sugared cranberries, simply roll cranberries in sugar and then skewer them with a long toothpick.
If you are feeling a little more “festive”, add a splash of vodka.
MORE HOLIDAY RECIPES
*** If you make this recipe, please give it a star rating below.
Sparkling Cranberry Lime Mocktail
- 1 10 oz bag of frozen cranberries or 1 bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 12 oz cans DASANI® Sparkling Lime
- Optional: additional frozen cranberries and twist of lime wedges for garnish
- Cranberry Simple Syrup
- Thaw frozen cranberries and blend in a blender or food processor until chopped.
- In a medium saucepan, add water, sugar and chopped cranberries and cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. About 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain the mixture using a cheesecloth or small stainer to remove cranberry chunks.
- Place remaining liquid in a covered jar and store in refrigerator.
- This syrup can last up to one week.
- Sparkling Cranberry Lime Mocktail
- Fill 2 highball glasses with ice and about 1/4 cup frozen cranberries each if desired.
- Add 2 tablespoons cranberry simple syrup to each glass.
- Fill glasses with DASANI® Sparkling Lime
- Garnish with twist of lime and sugared cranberries.