This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #NewWayToSparkle #CollectiveBias
Welcome the holidays with this sparkling cranberry lime mocktail. Full of bubbles and a hint of lime and cranberry, this mocktail is sure to please your holiday guests.
The holiday season is fast approaching and I am already dreaming about all of the delicious food and drinks to add to my entertaining menu. One thing I enjoy creating are special mocktails so all of my guests feel like they can be part of the festivities.
For this mocktail I am using an ingredient that screams celebration to me, bubbles! Sparkly, fizzy, festive bubbles! DASANI® Sparkling Lime gives this drink a refreshing and crisp taste, while adding those wonderful bubbles.
Cranberries are also an ingredient that most people associate with the holidays. For this mocktail, I start with fresh cranberry simple syrup and top it off with a 12 oz can of DASANI® Sparkling Lime. To add a little extra sparkle, I top the drink with a skewer of sugared cranberries and a twist of lime.
Start with making the cranberry simple syrup. I had to use frozen cranberries since it is still October and our stores do not have the fresh cranberries on the shelves. Take the cranberries and place them in a blender or food processor. Pulse them until they are all chopped and close to liquid.
Next add the chopped cranberries, sugar and water to a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until all of the sugar is dissolved. Put the mixture through a strainer or cheesecloth so you are left with the cranberry syrup liquid. The syrup should be stored in the refrigerator and can be kept for up to one week.
Fill a highball glass with ice and frozen cranberries. Add two tablespoons of cranberry simple syrup and then top with DASANI® Sparkling Lime. I garnished mine with sugared cranberries and a twist of lime. For the sugared cranberries, simply roll cranberries in sugar and then skewer them with a long toothpick.
- 1 10oz bag of frozen cranberries or 1 bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 (12 oz) cans DASANI® Sparkling Lime
- Cranberry simple syrup
- Optional: additional frozen cranberries and twist of lime wedges for garnish
- Cranberry Simple Syrup
- Thaw frozen cranberries and blend in a blender or food processor until chopped.
- In a medium saucepan, add water, sugar and chopped cranberries and cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. About 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain the mixture using a cheesecloth or small stainer to remove cranberry chunks.
- Place remaining liquid in a covered jar and store in refrigerator.
- This syrup can last up to one week.
- Sparkling Cranberry Lime Mocktail
- Fill 2 highball glasses with ice and about ¼ cup frozen cranberries each if desired.
- Add 2 tablespoons cranberry simple syrup to each glass.
- Fill glasses with DASANI® Sparkling Lime
- Garnish with twist of lime and sugared cranberries.
I found my DASANI® Sparkling Lime 8-pack 12 oz slim cans at Target on the sparkling water/water aisle. Dasani recently introduced NEW 20 oz DASANI® Sparkling cans that can be found at the Target check-out lane. They are the perfect size to grab for on the go and a great way to try new flavors before buying the 8-pack.
Don’t wait until the holidays to give this sparkling cranberry lime mocktail a try. We have been making them for Sunday brunch but they would also be great for Thanksgiving, Christmas, you name it! You can find more fun recipes featuring DASANI® Sparkling Water HERE.
What are some fun mocktails you like to serve?