Soft Batch Andes Mint Cookie Bars a soft and chewy cookie bars loaded with crushed Andes Creme de Menthe candies. A great treat for all of the mint chocolate lovers.
It’s the first day of March so I thought it would be fun to celebrate with some Soft Batch Andes Mint Cookie Bars. I associate green and mint with St. Patrick’s day so these cookie bars are just right for the occasion. They are chewy and soft thanks to a little bit of cream cheese and corn starch.
Sometimes I can be a little lazy when it comes to baking. Sometimes I just don’t feel like scooping out dozens of cookies and waiting for them all to bake. Am I the only one that gets this way? That is why I love cookie bars. Make the dough, scoop it in a brownie pan, bake once and they are ready to be devoured.
I grew up with my nana and mom making the best chocolate chip cookie bars, they called them Congo bars. My husband is a HUGE fan of mint chocolate chip flavored anything so instead of using chocolate chips, I substituted chopped up Andes Mint candies. He LOVED them!! I asked him to bring them to his office but he “accidentally” forgot. Pretty sure he wanted to keep them for himself.
To make these cookie bars start with creaming together softened butter, cream cheese, brown sugar and sugar. Mix them until nice and creamy and then add in vanilla and eggs. Next add in all of the dry ingredients and continue mixing until your cookie dough is formed. Stir in those delicious chopped Andes mint candies and then press the batter into a 9×13 brownie pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on your oven, and cool.
These soft batch Andes Mint cookie bars would also be a wonderful addition to Christmas cookie season.
Soft Batch Andes Mint Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups all -purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (28 piece) Andes Creme de Menthe Thins Candy, chopped
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x 13 brownie pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, brown sugar and sugar with a mixer until well combined. (2 minutes)
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix for another 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into mixer bowl. Mix until combined.
- Stir in chopped Andes Mints.
- Put the mixture in pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and then cool.
Be sure to check out the video HERE