Soft Batch Andes Mint Cookie Bars are a soft and chewy cookie bar loaded with crushed Andes Creme de Menthe candies. A great treat for all of the mint chocolate lovers.
Soft Batch Andes Mint Cookie Bars are soft, chewy and filled with crushed chocolate mint Andes. St. Patrick’s day is fast approaching and I think these cookie bars are just right for the occasion.
Sometimes I can be a little lazy when it comes to baking. Sometimes I just don’t feel like scooping out dozens of cookies and waiting for them all to bake. Am I the only one that gets this way? That is why I love cookie bars. Make the dough, scoop it in a brownie pan, bake once and they are ready to be devoured.
I grew up with my nana and mom making the best chocolate chip cookie bars, they called them Congo bars. My husband is a HUGE fan of mint chocolate chip flavored anything so instead of using chocolate chips, I substituted chopped up Andes Mint candies. He LOVED them!! I asked him to bring them to his office but he “accidentally” forgot. Pretty sure he wanted to keep them for himself.
How to make Andes cookie bars
- To make these cookie bars start with creaming together softened butter, cream cheese, brown sugar and sugar.
- Mix them until nice and creamy and then add in vanilla and eggs. Next add in all of the dry ingredients and continue mixing until your cookie dough is formed.
- Stir in those delicious chopped Andes mint candies and then press the batter into a 9×13 brownie pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on your oven, and cool.
These soft batch Andes Mint cookie bars would also be a wonderful addition to any holiday cookie season.
MORE DESSERT RECIPES
- Butterscotch Brownies
- Amaretto Brownies
- German Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- Oatmeal Fudge Bars
Soft Batch Andes Mint Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups all -purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (28 piece) Andes Creme de Menthe Thins Candy, chopped
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x 13 brownie pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, brown sugar and sugar with a mixer until well combined. (2 minutes)
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix for another 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into mixer bowl. Mix until combined.
- Stir in chopped Andes Mints.
- Put the mixture in pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and then cool.
Can I add cocoa to this recipe and if so how much?
I have never tried adding cocoa. If you wanted them to be chocolate based you could try making your favorite brownie recipe and adding in the Andes Mints.
Do these cook as they cool? I baked for 27 minutes, and they are still not done in the middle.
Hi Marilee, They will set up a bit as the cool but if yours are still not done when you insert a toothpick, I would cook longer. Ovens can very a little bit with cooking time, so I would add a few more minutes.
The number of eggs were left out of the recipe and the video is not available so I can’t find out from it. The congo bars are quite different in amount of ingredients so I can’t tell from that recipe whether the recipe should be 2 or 3 eggs so could you help me out here, please?
I’m so sorry Jane! It’s 2 eggs. I updated the recipe. Thanks for letting me know.