German Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are as delicious as they sound! Chewy chocolate chip cookies topped with an incredible pecan-coconut frosting will remind you of German Chocolate cake.
German chocolate chocolate chip cookies bring two of my favorite desserts, chocolate cookies and German chocolate cake.
This was one of those weeks when Jay was away on business. He has been traveling quite a bit this year so far but should be slowing down soon. I do miss my taste tester when he is gone but sometimes I don’t mind because I try to get a lot of work done for the blog and around the house. This week I didn’t mind because I had these cookies all to myself! I didn’t have to be embarrassed by how many I ate myself. Yes, I did leave him a few but not many.
The chocolate chip cookies themselves are so good especially with the addition of a little flaked coconut. They are perfectly chewy and anyone would be happy to eat a big stack of them. But the frosting, the sweet German Chocolate cake frosting really puts these cookies on another level. I mean creamy, buttery frosting with coconut and chopped pecans spread over top a soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie – you can see why I wanted to be alone with a plate of these cookies.
Start by making the cookie dough and then bake the cookies so they have time to cool. I would not recommend putting the frosting on the cookies if they are warm because it will cause the frosting to melt and run off. Make sure to cook the frosting until it because thick, usually about 10 minutes and then stir in the coconut and pecans.
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I do, they really are one of my favorite cookies I have made in a really long time. Enjoy!
German Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 5oz can evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup optional semisweet chocolate chips to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a mixer, cream together butter , sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time and then mix in vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture until all of the flour mixture is combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Using a tablespoon, drop cookie dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- In a medium saucepan, combine evaporated milk, sugar, butter and egg.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once mixture has thickened, stir in coconut and pecans.
- Once cookies have cooled, spread frosting over cookies.
- Optional, melt additional chocolate chips in microwave and drizzle over frosted cookies.
More Yummy Cookies!
Fusion at its most brilliant, beautiful, and delicious best. Love this idea!
Thank you so much!
Add eggs, one at a time and then mix in vanilla.
WHAT EGGS? Eggs are not listed in the recipe.
2 eggs for the cookie dough and 1 egg for the frosting. Recipe should be updated. Hope you enjoy!