No need for a coffee run when you can make your own Caramel Frappuccino at home with a few simple ingredients. This Starbucks copycat recipe tastes just like what you might order at the local shop. Chilled coffee blended with milk, ice and of course, caramel come together to make this delicious drink.
Occasionally we will go out on the weekend and treat ourselves to a “fancy” coffee but it’s actually easier to stay in my pajamas and make them at home.
Do caramel frappuccinos have coffee in them?
Caramel frappuccinos have coffee as the base ingredient. Since you are making it at home you could use caffeinated, decaf coffee or chilled espresso.
What is the difference between a frappuccino and an iced coffee or iced latte?
Frappuccino a trademarked name from Starbucks for their blended iced coffee drinks. These drinks can have a coffee or cream base.
Frappuccinos are typically blended with crushed ice. An iced coffee is coffee poured over ice and an iced latte is espresso poured over ice.
Coffee – This drink has a base of strong coffee or you could substitute espresso.
Milk – Use what you have on hand. Whole milk will give a richer flavor. We use 2% because that is what we usually have in the refrigerator.
Ice – This recipe calls for 3-4 cups of ice for 2 servings. If you like yours more icy, add 1/2 cup more ice.
Caramel syrup – This gives that nice caramel flavor to the drink.
Sugar – This adds a little extra sweetness. You can leave it out or add another teaspoon depending on how sweet you like your drink.
Whipped cream – Top of the frappuccino with whipped cream and extra drizzle of syrup. It’s optional, but I highly recommend giving it a try.
How to make caramel frappuccino
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Blend: Add milk, ice, coffee, sugar and caramel syrup to the blender. Blend until ice is crushed.
- Serve: Pour in a glass, top with whipped cream, an extra drizzle of syrup and enjoy.
Can you freeze leftovers?
You can freeze leftovers but I will say it’s usually better just to make a fresh drink. Store them in a jar with a lid in the freezer and then when ready to drink, place the jar in the refrigerator to thaw until ready to serve.
- This recipe is enough for 2 drinks. For a single drink, cut ingredients in half.
- Make sure that the coffee is chilled before making. It it’s still warm the ice will melt.
- Like your drink a little extra sweet, add 1-2 teaspoons of sugar into the mixture.
- We sometimes like adding in a little chocolate syrup as well.
More delicious drink recipes
- Homemade Slushies – Make your own slushies right at home. All you need is a blender and favorite drink flavor.
- Pineapple Lemonade – A wonderful summer blend of sweet and tart. Refreshing for a warm day.
- Cold Brew Coffee – Learn how easy it is to make cold brew coffee.
*** If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
- 1 cup strong coffee, chilled
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup caramel syrup
- 3-4 cups ice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- whipped cream - optional
- Pour coffee, milk, caramel syrup, sugar and ice into blender. Blend until ice is crushed.
- Pour caramel syrup down sides of glass and then fill each glass with the frappuccino. Top with whipped cream and extra caramel syrup.