Making your own Iced Vanilla Latte couldn’t be easier. Chilled coffee with a splash of cream and vanilla syrup. Tastes just like the local coffee shop.
I love making coffee drinks at home like this easy cinnamon roll latte and caramel latte. It’s so simple and a lot more cost effective than the typical five dollar drink.
Iced Latte vs Iced Coffee
There is not a big difference between the two. Lattes tend to have more cream added. Iced coffee drinks can either be served black or with a small amount of milk.
What you need
Coffee – Use your favorite coffee or even espresso for this recipe. We use Starbuck’s French Roast.
Cream – The recipe calls for heavy cream but use your preference like half and half, milk, soy or almond milk.
Simple Syrup – This is a homemade vanilla syrup but you could use bottled syrup from the store. Starbucks even makes one you can buy.
How to make
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Begin by making your favorite fresh brewed coffee. Let it cool and then put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to really chill.
- In a saucepan, bring water, sugar and vanilla extract to a boil making a simple syrup. Let the sugar dissolve. Put in refrigerator to cool.
- Once everything is cold, place ice in glasses.
- Divide coffee, cream and simple syrup in each glass and stir.
How to make a skinny latte
To make this drink lighter in calories, substitute no-fat or 2% milk and sugar free vanilla syrup.
Tips for a great drink
- When making the coffee, brew it a little stronger than normal to ensure you keep the flavor once the ice starts melting.
- Make sure all the ingredients are nice and cold before making the drink.
- You could also use this cold brew coffee.
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender with ice for a frappe.
- Top with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder or cinnamon.
- Add a few drops of maple syrup for vanilla maple.
Can you store simple syrup?
Yes! Make a double recipe of the simple syrup (water, sugar, vanilla) and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
This way you can make drinks throughout the week!
What to serve
This drink is great anytime of day but I especially love it on a hot summer morning or for an afternoon pick-up. Here are a few of my favorite breakfast recipes.
- Coffee Cake is a delicious cinnamon and brown sugar cake that pairs wonderfully with a cup of coffee.
- Sausage Pinwheels are an easy on the go breakfast or appetizer.
- Keto Egg Bowls are a filling, low-carb breakfast.
- Hash Brown Crust Breakfast Casserole is a always a hit! Crispy hash brown crust with eggs, cheese, veggies and ham.
- Banana Bread Muffins are another great breakfast on the go option.
***Make this recipe? Feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Iced Vanilla Latte
- 4 cups fresh brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or lowfat milk, half and half, soy or almond milk
- crushed ice
- Place coffee in the refrigerator to chill. Recommended 30 minute - 1 hour.
- Place water, sugar and vanilla in small sauce pan. Bring to a boil to dissolve sugar. Refrigerate sugar mixture.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice and coffee. Top with sugar syrup and cream. Stir before serving.
This couldn’t have come at a better time as I am trying to avoid leaving the house. Self quarantining isn’t fun but at least, I can still have a latte at home!
So delicious! I went with the heavy cream and it was perfect!
This is a delicious drink! I loved it. Made me feel like I went to the coffee shop.