Make your own Vanilla Bean Frappuccino easily in the comfort of your own home with just a few ingredients. Creamy vanilla drink topped off with whipped cream is a great copycat of Starbucks.
This version of a Starbucks vanilla bean frappuccino is delicious and tastes just like the one from the store. Think of the taste like an icy vanilla milkshake. The best part is they can be made at a fraction of the cost.
Having a family of five, a trip to Starbucks can really add up. That’s why we love recreating our favorite Starbucks drinks at home. This vanilla frappe is one of our favorite Starbucks copycat recipes and I like that there is no coffee in a vanilla bean frappuccino because my kids don’t need that extra caffeine.
What is a frappuccino?
Frappuccino is actually a trademarked name from Starbucks for their blended iced coffee drinks. They can be cream based or coffee based.
This recipe is surprisingly easy to make. Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this cold drink.
Vanilla bean ice cream – You can substitute with vanilla or french vanilla ice cream but I do think the vanilla bean tastes most like the original. The ice cream helps achieve that creamy texture you get in a frappuccino.
Milk – Use what you have on hand. Whole milk will give a richer flavor. We use 2% because that is what we usually have in the refrigerator.
Ice – One cup works well for one serving. If you like yours more icy, add 1/2 cup more ice.
Vanilla extract – This adds a little extra vanilla flavor.
Whipped cream – This is optional but again, makes it tastes like you just ordered it from Starbucks.
How to make a homemade vanilla bean frappuccino
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Blend: Add milk, ice, vanilla extract and ice cream to the blender. Blend until ice is crushed.
- Serve: Pour in a glass, top with whipped cream and enjoy.
Can you freeze leftovers?
If you have leftovers, you can freeze them. I would recommend storing them in a jar with a lid in the freezer and then when ready to drink, place the jar in the refrigerator to thaw out a bit.
Can you make without ice cream?
I really enjoy the creaminess and taste the ice cream adds but you can make vanilla bean frappuccino without ice cream.
Use 2 cups of ice, 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Blend until combined.
Can you freeze the leftovers?
If you happen to have leftovers, you can store the drink in Mason jars in the freezer. When you are ready to drink, remove the jar and leave it out at room temperature for 15-20 minutes to soften.
- If you would like to make enough for 2 drinks at once, simply double the recipe.
- Like a creamier drink? Add an extra scoop of ice cream.
- Like your drink a little extra sweet, add 1-2 teaspoons of sugar into the mixture.
More delicious drink recipes
- Homemade Slushies – Make your own slushies at home with your favorite flavor.
- Pineapple Lemonade – A wonderful summer drink with a blend of sweet and tart.
- Cold Brew Coffee – How to make cold brew.
- Cinnamon Roll Latte – Perfect to go with breakfast, this latte has a hint of cinnamon.
- Caramel Latte – Warm latte with caramel flavor.
*** If you made this creamy drink, feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Vanilla Bean Frappuccino
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup ice
- 3 large scoops vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream optional
- Pour milk, ice, vanilla extract and ice cream in a blender. Blend until combined.
- Top with whipped cream and serve.