How to make cold brew coffee without having to step out of your front door. You won’t believe how easy it is to make rich, smooth cold brew coffee at home!
Thank you to © The J.M. Smucker Company © 2017. DD IP Holder LLC for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own. #DunkinYouBrewYou
The weather is finally starting to warm up a little and that means it’s time to bring out the flip-flops and cold brew coffee! When it’s warm outside, especially on hot and humid days Georgia is known for, there is nothing like a glass of cold brew coffee.
I usually have a pitcher in the refrigerator ready to pour and these Dunkin’ Donuts Cold Brew Packets from Walmart make it as simple as 1-2-3.
What is cold brew coffee
The method of cold brewing coffee involves steeping the coffee grounds for 8-12 hours in cold water. The cold temperature of the water brings out a smooth, rich flavor and really enhances the taste of the coffee. This method also helps to cut down on any bitterness or acidity.
Cold brew vs Iced coffee: Cold brew is a method of brewing while iced coffee is hot coffee served over ice. Big difference!
How to make cold brew coffee
It only takes three easy steps to make this ultra-smooth, full bodied coffee. Drop, Steep, Love! I usually make mine before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning it is ready to drink.
- Start with 2 Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee Filter Packs. Place them in a 2 quart pitcher.
- Add 4 cups of cold water to the pitcher. (Make sure it is not hot water.)
- Place the pitcher in the refrigerator to steep overnight. (8-12 hours)
- Remove the filter packs from the pitcher and add 3 more cups of cold water.
The cold brew packets make 2 full pitchers. You can make your coffee for a week with just one box!
Ideas to add to cold brew coffee
I like my cold brew coffee black but sometimes I like to change it up a little. You could try a new taste everyday with the addition of a few simple ingredients.
- A splash of milk or cream or even a touch of condensed milk for sweetness.
- A drizzle of caramel
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Sea salt and caramel
- Sprinkle of cocoa powder
The possibilities are endless for you to create your own personalized smooth, rich cold brew coffee at home with Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee Filter Packs from Walmart. Enjoy!
Cold Brew Coffee
- 2 coffee packs Dunkin' Donuts Cold Brew Coffee Packs
- 7 cups water
- To make cold brew coffee, place 2 coffee packs in a 2 quart pitcher.
- Pour in 4 cups of cold water. Steep in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours.
- Take out the coffee packs and add 3 cups of cold water to the pitcher.
- Optional: Customize with your favorite milk/ creamer/ spice