Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps are full of colorful veggies and flavor. They make a great quick and easy dinner!
These ground beef lettuce wraps are a tasty way to incorporate a few more veggies into your weekly menu. The best part is they can be made in under 30 minutes!
Beef Lettuce Wraps
These wraps are filled with carrots, cucumber, peppers, and my favorite part, rice vermicelli noodles. I found the noodles in the international section of the grocery store. They are light and kind of sticky but add a nice bulk to the wrap. The sauce made with lime juice, soy sauce and a little sugar tops off the wraps and adds just the right amount of salty and sweet flavor.
This beef mixture is great to use for meal prep bowls. Make a double batch and have enough for the week. Make sure to let the mixture completely cool and then pack in a sealed container . Place the lettuce leaves in a separate container. Store in refrigerator until ready to heat and serve.
What lettuce is best for wraps?
There are several lettuce varieties that work well for wraps. My favorite is butter or Bibb lettuce because it is easy to roll. Iceburg lettuce offers a nice crisp crunch. Green leaf and Boston lettuce are great choices too.
More ground beef recipes:
- Cheesy ground beef and rice
- Asian ground beef and rice casserole
- Ground beef pasta casserole
- Beef stroganoff
Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 3 oz uncooked rice vermicelli
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- Cook rice vermicelli according to package. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large nonstick pan, cook ground sirloin over medium-high heat until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in noodles, carrots, cucumber, red pepper, onion and mint.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, soy sauce and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Add juice mixture to beef and stir until beef is coated.
- Serve beef mixture in lettuce leaf.