Asian beef and rice casserole is filled with veggies, beef and rice topped with crispy chow mein noodles. A tasty twist on beef and rice casserole.
I am sure I have mentioned this many times before on the blog but I am a big fan of easy meals that the whole family will love. I mean, it’s kinda my tag line. That is why I LOVE casseroles! Mix up some ingredients, pop in the oven and boom, a delicious meal and usually enough for leftovers. Casseroles really come in handy with busy schedules and hungry kids.
This Asian beef and rice casserole includes veggies, ground beef, rice and the best part topped with some crunchy noodles. It is one of our new favorite meals. One thing I love about this casserole is that you don’t have to pre cook the rice. Just mix it in with the rest of the ingredients and bake.
How to Make Asian Beef and Rice Casserole
- Start this recipe by browning ground beef until no longer pink and then add in onions.
- Next mix in cream of mushroom soup and soy sauce.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and then stir in rice and some chopped water chestnuts. The water chestnuts add a nice little crunch to the mixture.
- Make sure to cover the casserole dish, I used aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in frozen peas and carrots and then top with crunchy chow mein noodles.
More Ground Beef Recipes to Try
If you are looking for a filling, quick and simple dinner, be sure to give this casserole a try. Let me know what you think!
Asian Beef and Rice Casserole
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10 3/4oz each) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 oz) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup frozen pea and carrot mixture
- 1 can (5 oz) chow mein noodles also called crunchy rice noodles
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet until browned. Add in chopped onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cream of mushroom soup and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Prepare a casserole dish by spraying with non-stick spray.
- Pour beef mixture into casserole dish. Stir in uncooked rice and water chestnuts.
- Cover dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir in peas and carrots. Top with crunchy chow mein noodles and bake for an additional 15 minutes.