Ground beef pasta casserole filled with beef, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream and egg noodles is comfort food at it’s best. Hearty, cheesy and oh so good, this easy ground beef casserole is sure to become a family favorite!
**This post has been updated March 2019
Ground Beef Pasta Casserole
I love a good casserole recipe. Comforting, belly warming, feeds a crowd…Basically perfect aside from the calories. 🙂 This ground beef casserole is no exception. Cheesy and meaty with tasty tomatoes, sour cream and cream cheese, YUM!
If you are making this casserole you might consider making two. One for dinner and one to put in the freezer. Work smarter not harder, right?! During a busy week it is soooo nice to know I have a casserole waiting to be warmed up for dinner. It seems to make the afternoon go a little smoother and less cleanup in the evening. This casserole is one of the kids most requested meals along with baked mostaccioli and cheesy ground beef and rice casserole.
How to make Ground Beef Pasta Casserole
This ooey gooey cheesy casserole has 3 different cheeses:
Mix cooked egg noodles, sour cream, cream cheese and green onions for the base of this casserole. Top with a mixture of cooked ground beef, tomatoes, and Rotel. Then top with the 3 cheeses and bake until hot and bubbly.
Tips for Making Ground Beef Pasta
- If your family doesn’t like green chilis, substitute Rotel for another can of petite diced tomatoes.
- Try changing up the cheese with Monterary Jack and Cheddar or all Mozzarella.
More Super Easy Ground Beef Recipes:
- Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole
- Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Asian Been and Rice Casserole
- Basic Meatball Recipe
You might also enjoy this Taco Pasta Casserole from Dinner Then Dessert.
Ground Beef Pasta Casserole Recipe
Meaty and cheesy with a little hint of spice from the green chilis and tomatoes. One of our favorite casseroles!
*Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a star rating below.
Ground Beef Pasta Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 14 1/2 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies (I used Rotel)
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 bag uncooked medium egg noodles
- 5-6 green onions chopped
- 1 8 oz sour cream
- 1 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat. Break the meat up in to crumbles and cook until browned.
- Stir in petite diced tomatoes, tomatoes with green chilies, tomato paste, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take off heat.
- Cook egg noodles according to package, drain.
- Mix together cooked noodles, green onions, sour cream and cream cheese.
- Lightly grease 13x9 baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Place egg noodle mixture in baking dish.
- Top with beef mixture.
- Top with cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, then mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and back for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 -10 more minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.