Using a natural sweetener and no flour, these apple cinnamon baked oatmeal cups are a great option for on the go breakfast.
It’s January, and looking back on December I would say I had my fair share of sweet treats. I am blaming it on my recipe testing and all of those tasty cookies and cakes we eat throughout the holiday season. So now I am ready to start the new year by cutting back on my sugar intake. For me, it is important that my family hit the reset button and start fresh by eating less sugar.
Life without sugar can be just as sweet with Truvia® Natural Sweetener Spoonable. It is my secret ingredient in these easy apple cinnamon baked oatmeal cups. They are perfect for on the go breakfast and have no flour or sugar. Make them on Sunday and you will be set for breakfast all week.
I like using Truvia® Natural Sweetener Spoonable to sweeten my recipes because it is a zero-calorie, Stevia-based sweetener. One packet of Truvia® gives the same sweetness as two teaspoons of sugar.
How to make oatmeal cups:
This recipe requires just a few simple ingredients. You will need old fashioned oats, ground cinnamon, baking powder, unsweetened applesauce, an egg, vegetable oil, milk, diced apple and Truvia® Natural Sweetener Spoonable.
Mix all of the ingredients in a medium size bowl until combined. The mixture might seem a little milky but don’t worry, it will bake up great. Spray a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray and fill the cups with the mixture. You will get about nine oatmeal cups out of this recipe.
Add applesauce, egg, milk, vanilla and oil.
Then mix in Truvia® Natural Sweetener Spoonable, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder and diced apples. I keep the skin on my apples for a little color but you may also remove the skin.
Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven. Make sure to let the oatmeal cups cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes so they don’t fall apart when you remove them.
More Breakfast Ideas
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Truvia® Natural Sweetener Spoonable
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup diced apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl whisk together egg, applesauce, vegetable oil, milk, Truvia and vanilla.
- Stir in cinnamon, baking powder, oats and apples until well combined.
- Spray muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups filling to the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then remove from oven.
- Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing.