Western Omelet Breakfast Casserole is filled with eggs, mushrooms, peppers, onions, ham and cheese. Can be made ahead of time. This is one of my FAVORITE breakfast casseroles!
Western Omelet Breakfast Casserole has everything you could want in a delicious breakfast. Eggs, veggies, hash browns, ham and of course, cheese! This has quickly become a family favorite.
What is a Western Omelet?
This egg dish typically has onion, green pepper and ham.
Breakfast casseroles are great because you can eat them all day long. They are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And the BEST part is that they can be made the night before and baked in the morning.
How to make western omelet breakfast casserole
- To make, start by sauteing the vegetables. I place all of the chopped veggies in a skillet and cook them until they are tender. Make sure to drain any excess liquid the vegetables might have.
- Spread the hash browns out over the bottom of a baking dish and top with cooked vegetables, ham and cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper and then pour over top. Cover the dish and place in refrigerator.
- The casserole can sit for several hours up to overnight. When you are ready to eat, bake for 50-60 minutes and then serve. I also like serving this with sliced tomatoes on top for added color and taste.
This breakfast casserole is great for holidays. Assemble before you go to bed, wake up and pop it in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
More Breakfast Ideas
- Southwestern Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Monkey Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Hash Brown Casserole
You might also enjoy this Tator Tot Breakfast Casserole from Plain Chicken
Western Omelet Breakfast Casserole
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 4 oz chopped mushrooms
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add mushrooms, peppers and onions to the skillet. Stir and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Cover the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish with hash browns.
- Top with vegetable mixture, ham and cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over the top.
- Cover dish and refrigerate for several hours up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes.