Are you ready for some football? It’s Monday night football here in the Seeley house and Jay and I are about to sit down to some sausage balls and red wine. The perfect duo for football watching. My dad would always have a batch of sausage balls whipped up for my sister and I when we would watch our college football games…..GO HOKIES! When I met my husband and introduced him to this recipe, he insisted on carrying on the tradition and now makes them for us. They are so super simple to put together. I call it 3, 2 ,1 recipe because you need 3 cups of bisquick, 2 cups of cheese, and 1 sausage roll. Easy to remember. I love using the sage sausage because it adds such a nice flavor and the pinch of cayenne gives them a little heat. I highly recommend serving them with red wine at night or a nice mimosa for the morning games. My husband also loves dipping them in syrup.
- 3 cups bisquick
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I use Colby and Monterey Jack blend)
- 1 roll sage breakfast sausage
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together ingredients by hand until well blended.
- Roll mixture into 1½ inch balls and place on baking sheets about 1 inch apart from each other.
- Bake for 30 minutes.