Farmers Casserole is made with diced ham, peppers, onion, shredded hash browns, egg and cheese! A delicious meal for breakfast or dinner!
Farmers Casserole is one of my new favorites in my line-up of breakfast casseroles. Breakfast casseroles like Western Omelet Casserole, Crustless Quiche, Hash brown Crust Breakfast Casserole and Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole make the perfect breakfast or dinner.
How to make Farmers Casserole
- Begin by placing hash browns in a 9×13 casserole dish. Make sure to spray the dish with non-stick spray before you add the hash browns.
- Top with diced ham, diced red pepper and onion.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, evaporated milk and spices.
- Top with shredded cheese and pour egg mixture over the whole casserole.
- Bake at 375 for 45-55 minutes or until eggs are cooked.
Other Ingredient Options
One thing I love about casseroles like this is that you can really customize it and make it your own. Change the cheese, meat or veggies to make your favorite version. Here are a few options to add into this Farmers casserole.
- Chopped Spinach
- Chopped Broccoli
Can you Freeze Farmers Casserole?
Yes! You can freeze this breakfast casserole and it will last about 2 months. Make sure to let the casserole completely cool and then wrap very tight with plastic wrap and foil. If you know you will be freezing, use a disposable pan.
Tips for making Farmers Breakfast Casserole
- Let the frozen hash browns thaw for a few minutes to make it easier to break them apart and helps the casserole not be watery.
- Let the casserole sit for about 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Use different cheeses to change up the casserole. Some of my favorites are shredded Swiss, pepper jack for a little spice or mozzarella.
- Substitute cooked breakfast sausage for ham.
This hearty breakfast casserole is one that is sure to make everyone come back for seconds. I love making this when I know friends or family will be visiting.
More Breakfast Recipes
You may also enjoy this Easy Breakfast Casserole from Gimme Some Oven.
- 1 30 oz bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 8 oz cubed ham
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 eggs
- 2 12 oz cans evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 9 x 13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add shredded hash browns to the casserole dish. Spread out evenly.
- Top with diced ham, bell pepper, green onion and cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, evaporated milk and spices. Pour over casserole.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.