Pumpkin chocolate chip bars are made easy by using a cake mix. A delicious and easy fall dessert! If you like pumpkin chocolate chip bread you will love these!
Pumpkin chocolate chip bars are one of my new favorite pumpkin recipes. They are super easy to make and of course delicious!
I am one of those people that love EVERYTHING pumpkin so when fall comes around I am a happy girl. When I lived in San Francisco there was a bakery that made pumpkin chocolate chip bread during the fall and winter. I would stop every morning before work and get a piece. Yum!
The flavor of these bars reminds me of that bakery bread. I love the warm pumpkin spice flavor of these bars in combination with chocolate chips. These bars are made with a yellow cake mix so they have more of a cake texture.
How to make pumpkin chocolate chip bars
- To make these pumpkin chocolate chip bars, combine yellow cake mix, butter, egg, pumpkin spice, pumpkin puree and a little vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour into a brownie pan. Bake for 20 minutes and then let the bars cool.
Want more pumpkin?
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Bites
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Sugar Scrub
- Easy Pumpkin Donuts
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix or butter pecan cake mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix cake mix, eggs, butter, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla with an electric mixer.
Once fully combined, stir in chocolate chips.
Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.