This post has been sponsored by Moore’s Marinades. All opinions are mine alone.
Sometimes when Jay and I are feeling brave, we will take the kids out to dinner. There is a local wing restaurant close by that is our go to place because we can be loud 🙂 Without fail, we always split an order of boneless chicken wings. Half of the wings with buffalo sauce and the other half with teriyaki sauce.
One Friday night I was really craving some teriyaki wings but didn’t feel like dragging all of the kids out of the house. I decided to experiment and make some chicken meatballs so that I could slather them in sauce and satisfy my craving. I really enjoy the Moore’s teriyaki wing sauce on our grilled chicken so I thought it would work well for this recipe. It has the perfect blend of garlic, ginger, and soy with a medium heat level.
For the chicken meatballs, I decided to add some pineapple to bring out the sweetness in the sauce. The fresh ginger and garlic are also a nice addition. I used a couple of tablespoons of the wing sauce in the meatball mixture to punch up the flavor. Once the meatballs came out of the oven, I put them in a pot with the extra wing sauce that I warmed up.
I like placing the meatballs on a cooling rack sprayed with cooking spray to bake but you may also place them directly on parchment paper.
The first time I made these meatballs, I served them over some white rice. It definitely satisfied my craving for the wing sauce and saved me the hassle of having to go out to eat. You could also serve these as an appetizer.
More Meatball Recipes
Moore's Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup panko
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons minced green onions scallions
- 3 tablespoons chopped water chestnuts
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, juices drained
- 1 bottle Moore's Teriyaki Wing Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a cooling rack with nonstick cooking spray and place on a foil lined baking sheet. If you do not have a cooling rack, you may also place the meatballs directly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, Panko, milk, eggs, ginger, garlic, green onions, water chestnuts, pineapple, and 2 tablespoons of the Moore's teriyaki sauce.
- Using clean hands, stir until combined.
- Roll the mixture into 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs onto baking sheet and bake 25 minutes or until slightly brown on top.
- While meatballs are baking, pour the remaining teriyaki wing sauce into a pan. Heat on medium until sauce is warm, about 5 minutes.
- Once meatballs are out of the oven, place them into the teriyaki sauce and coat.
- Garnish with green onion.
- Serve on rice, lettuce wrap, or by themselves.