Parmesan pesto chicken meatballs are full of flavor and work well for an appetizer, quick dinner and even to use for meal prep.
If you love a good meatball like these pineapple teriyaki meatballs or these quinoa turkey spinach meatballs, you will really enjoy this pesto chicken version! My kids request meatballs all of the time I think because they are small and easy to eat. Plus you can use a toothpick to pick them up and that always makes for a fun dinner.
These meatballs are so easy to make. Since they are made with ground chicken, there is not a lot of grease when you bake them in the oven and they can be cooked in about 30 minutes. Many times when I make these I will double the recipe and use the extras for lunch the next day.
What to eat with chicken meatballs?
Another thing I love about a meatball is how versatile they are when it comes to meals. They can be served with a variety of different sides or even wrapped up. Here are a few of my favorite things to do with these Parmesan pesto chicken meatballs.
- Serve with buttered egg noodles.
- Serve with zoodles and extra pesto sauce.
- Cut in half and serve in pita bread with a little Tzatziki sauce.
- Eat as an appetizer and dip in marinara sauce.
- Make a double batch and use them for meal prep.
How to make pesto chicken meatballs
- Preheat oven and then in large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Be sure not to over mix.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
Can I freeze chicken meatballs?
Oh ya! To freeze the meatballs, let them completely cool once they have baked. Place them on a lined cookie sheet and freeze for about an hour or until they are solid.
Place the frozen meatballs in a freezer safe bag and place in the freezer.
To reheat, you can bake them straight from frozen but make sure to add extra bake time. You can also let them thaw and bake about 20 minutes.
More Meatball Recipes
Parmesan Pesto Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add ground chicken, Parmesan, pesto, egg, bread crumbs and milk. Mix until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Roll the chicken mixture into balls about 1 inch in size.
- Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and bake for approximately 25 minutes.