This basic meatball recipe can be used for countless recipes. Made with ground beef, Panko bread crumbs, a little onion and baked in the oven.
Meatballs can take on so many different flavors. They don’t cost much to make, you can freeze them for later and they are the perfect bite-size. One of my favorite go-to weeknight meals are these meatballs and buttered noodles. So simple but always delicious!
HOW TO MAKE MEATBALLS
- Start by preheating oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil. You can place the meatballs directly on the foil or put them on a small rack.
- Mix Panko bread crumbs and milk. Let sit for a couple of minutes.
- Add all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Pour the soaked crumbs into the bowl.
- Combine ingredients and then roll into golf ball sized meatballs.
- Place on the cookie sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
TIPS FOR MAKING MEATBALLS
- Soak the Panko bread crumbs in milk before you add them to the mixture. This step helps to keep the meatballs moist and tender.
- Try using a small ice cream scoop to form same size meatballs. This helps to ensure that they all cook evenly.
- Don’t overdo the mixing. Too much mixing can mean tougher meatballs.
HOW TO FREEZE MEATBALLS
- After Baking: Allow the meatballs to completely cool. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure they are not touching. Place the baking sheet with meatballs in the freezer and freeze until solid. Place the meatballs into a freezer safe bag.
- They will stay good in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Allow them to thaw before baking them. You can also place them in a slow cooker with your favorite sauce.
There are so many ways to use this basic meatball recipe. Put them on a sub sandwich, over pasta, in the crockpot with BBQ sauce, I can keep going. Enjoy!
- Turkey Quinoa Spinach Meatballs
- Parmesan Pesto Chicken Meatballs
- Pineapple Teriyaki Meatballs
- Meatloaf Meatballs
Basic Meatball Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with foil and lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- Mix Panko bread crumbs with milk and let sit for 2 minutes. Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and then add the soaked crumbs.
- Combine all of the ingredients and then form into golf ball size meatballs. Place directley on foil or on a rack.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.