Coffee with condensed milk is a delicious way to add sweetness to your morning coffee. This simple recipe is a great way to change up your morning cup of coffee and can be served hot or iced.
Want to try something new instead of your typical coffee creamer or half and half? Sweetened condensed milk is a great alternative for adding a sweet creaminess to your cup of coffee.
What is sweetened condensed milk?
This very thick food is made from milk that has been condensed by removing the water via heat. Once it’s cooked down, sugar is mixed in to add sweetness and also to help prolong shelf life. It’s different from evaporated milk because it contains added sugar.
Why this recipe works
- Condensed milk is a great substitute for coffee creamer, heavy cream, or half and half.
- Budget friendly and cheaper than the drinks at coffee shops.
- Condensed milk lasts for a long time. An unopened can stays good for up to 2 years.
What you need
Coffee – Brewed hot black coffee. If you are making iced coffee, make sure the black coffee has been chilled.
Condensed Milk – Any brand will work. This can typically be found packaged in a can in the baking aisle.
How to make coffee with condensed milk
This really isn’t much of a recipe. You can add the condensed milk to suit your taste.
Step one: Pour hot coffee into a coffee mug.
Step two: Add condensed milk by the spoonful to taste.
Step three: Stir the cup of coffee until the milk has blended into the coffee.
Iced coffee with condensed milk
The drink is also great served over ice.
Step one: Fill glass with ice.
Step two: Pour cold coffee over ice. Add in condensed milk to taste.
Step three: Stir until combined.
- Use your favorite brewed coffee. I like using a strong black coffee to balance out the sweetness of the condensed milk. This can also be made with instant coffee or decaf coffee.
- If making iced coffee, make sure to let the brewed coffee come to room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- This recipe calls for 1-2 tablespoons of condensed milk. Add more or less to taste.
- Store leftover sweetened condensed milk in a jar with a lid or another airtight container.
More easy coffee recipes
- Coffee and RumChata – This is an adult version of coffee and cream.
- Mocha Frappuccino – A delicious Starbucks copycat recipe.
- Caramel Frappuccino – Creamy, iced caramel frappuccino great for a hot day.
- Iced Vanilla Latte – Cool, sweet coffee drink.
Did you make this easy coffee recipe? Let me know in the comments below.
Coffee With Condensed Milk
- 8 ounces brewed black coffee
- 1-2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk or more to taste
- Pour brewed, hot coffee into mug.
- Spoon sweetened condensed milk into coffee.
- Stir until combined. Serve.
Leave a Reply