Today I am sharing how to make your own Mocha Frappuccino at home. No need for Starbucks when you can make this easy copycat recipe with just a few simple ingredients.
Some mornings I don’t want to get out of my pajamas to go to the coffee shop so I started making my own specialty drinks at home. It is way more cost effective and the taste is great!
Mocha Frappuccino is what my daughter orders every time we make a trip to Starbucks so I knew that we had to come up with a copycat version for her. After taking one sip of this she gave two thumbs up and declared it tastes just like what she orders.
What is a mocha frappuccino?
Starbucks trademarked the name frappuccino. It’s a line of their blended ice coffee drinks. The mocha version has chocolate syrup, coffee. milk and ice.
Does it have coffee?
Yes, it has coffee or espresso so this drink does contain caffeine. The beauty of making it at home is that you could use decaf coffee.
What does it taste like?
If you enjoy chocolate, you will love this frappuccino. It tastes like a icy milk shake with a hint of coffee.
Ice – Ice gives this coffee drink it’s frozen
Coffee – If you bought this at Starbucks, they typically use their Frappuccino Roast coffee for the base. I am using strong cold coffee. Feel free to use what you like best just make sure it’s cold.
Milk – Feel free to use milk or half and half.
Sugar – This will add a little extra sweetness to the drink. Depending on your taste you could leave this out or even add another teaspoon for extra sweetness.
Chocolate syrup – This is what puts the “mocha” in this frappuccino.
Whipped cream – This ingredient is optional but I would recommend using it to top the drink.
How to make mocha frappuccino
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Blend: Add ice, milk, coffee, sugar and chocolate syrup to blender. Blend until combined and ice is crushed.
- Serve: Pour in a glass and top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
- If you would like to make more than one serving, double the recipe.
- If you would like your drink a little stronger, add extra coffee and less milk.
How to thicken a frappuccino
Starbucks uses a base that makes their drink a little thicker. You could possible add a small scoop of ice cream or even 1/4-1/2 package of chocolate pudding mix.
More delicious drink recipes
- Iced vanilla latte – Cold vanilla latte served over ice.
- Cinnamon roll latte – Hot latte with a hint of cinnamon and sugar.
- Ginger tea – Hot tea with ginger and lemon.
- Slushie – Make your own copycat Slushie at home.
*** If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup strong cold coffee
- 1/2 cup milk or half and half
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- whipped cream optional
- Place ice, coffee, milk, sugar, and chocolate syrup in blender. Blend until ice is crushed.
- Pour in glass and top with whipped cream. Serve immediately.