RumChata coffee is the perfect blend of coffee and RumChata. This easy coffee cocktail can be served hot or iced.
RumChata drinks, like this cinnamon toast crunch shot, are creamy, a little boozy and so delicious.
RumChata and coffee are a match made in heaven. The creaminess of the liqueur pairs perfectly with a strong cup of rich coffee. This delicious cocktail makes a great after dinner drink or is even delicious served at a brunch.
RumChata – RumChata is a cream liqueur that is made with Caribbean rum, real dairy cream, cinnamon, and sugar. It can usually be easily found at most local liquor stores. It will last about 9 months once it’s open.
Coffee – Brew your favorite coffee for this drink. I like a dark roast coffee for rich flavor. Keep it hot or chill it in the refrigerator for the iced coffee version. You can also substitute with decaf coffee.
Whipped cream – Optional, top the drink with a dollop of whipped cream.
Cinnamon – Use a sprinkle of ground cinnamon to add extra flavor, or add a cinnamon stick.
How to make RumChata coffee
There is no right or wrong way to make this drink. Feel free to adjust the ingredients to your taste.
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour in cold coffee and RumChata. Stir to combine.
- Optional: Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- Pour hot coffee in a mug.
- Stir in RumChata.
- Optional: Add whipped cream on top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Even though RumChata is a cream based drink, it does not need to be refrigerated. Make sure to store in a cool, dark place.
- If you are going to make iced coffee, let the coffee cool after it brews and then store it in the refrigerator overnight. You can use cold brew coffee for this drink.
- If you prefer your coffee drink extra creamy, add a splash of half and half or heavy cream.
- This also works with hot or cold espresso.
- RumChata is also delicious mixed with hot chocolate or even hot tea.
How to serve
More easy coffee drinks
- Copycat Starbucks caramel frappuccino
- Iced vanilla latte
- Copycat mocha frappuccino
- Vanilla bean frappuccino
- Cinnamon roll latte
Did you make this coffee drink? Let me know in the comments below.
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 2 ounces RumChata
- whipped cream, optional
- ground cinnamon, optional
- For iced coffee, fill glass with ice.
- Pour in chilled coffee. Pour in RumChata.
- Gently stir. Optional, top with whipped cream and cinnamon.
- Fill coffee cup with hot coffee.
- Pour in RumChata and stir. Optional top with whipped cream and cinnamon.