Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is sure to please any crowd. Filled with chopped broccoli, cauliflower, bacon, cheese and tossed with an easy mayonnaise dressing.
This broccoli and cauliflower salad is one of those go-to recipes nice to have in your recipe collection. A great side dish to bring to any gathering or serve at your next BBQ. I love serving it with this Instant Pot BBQ Chicken.
This broccoli cauliflower salad recipe has few ingredients and can be made in approximately ten minutes. I recommend chopping the cauliflower and broccoli into small, bite-sized pieces so it will be easier to eat. I cooked my bacon in a skillet but use whatever method you prefer. Turkey bacon will also work well. You can even use bacon bits if you are short on time.
Broccoli cauliflower salad recipe tips:
- If you don’t have block cheese at home, don’t run to the store. Shredded cheese will also work.
- If making ahead of time, wait until you are ready to serve to mix in the dressing.
- Diced green onions, chopped nuts or even dried cranberries are good additional mix-ins.
How to make broccoli cauliflower salad:
When a recipe has cheese and bacon in the ingredients you know it has to be good!
- Mix crunchy broccoli florets, cauliflower, diced red onion, cheese and bacon bits in a bowl.
- For the sweet mayo dressing stir together mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Warning***The saltiness of the bacon combined with the sweetness of the dressing is addicting!!
What Bacon to Use?
I love making my bacon in the Air Fryer. It gets it crisp enough to break up for the salad. You can also use bacon bits if you have those on hand.
Do I Need To Cook the Broccoli and Cauliflower?
No need to cook the broccoli or cauliflower for this salad. It gives the salad a nice crunch and holds up to the dressing.
More delicious side dishes:
- Cheese Pie
- Deviled Spinach
- Roasted Asparagus with Honey
- Loaded Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
This salad is a classic to bring to potlucks or other gatherings. Crunchy, salty and sweet, this salad has everything going for it. Enjoy!
***Make this salad? Be sure to give it a star rating below.
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- 2-3 cups Broccoli
- 2-3 cups Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup Red onion, diced
- 8 strips Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 8 oz Colby Jack Cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Chill until ready to use.
- In a large bowl mix together broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, bacon and cheese.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve.