Corn Salad is a summertime classic. Made with fresh corn off the cob, herbs, vegetables and a light dressing. Great as a side dish or even as a topper for hot dogs.
Corn salad is one of my favorite things to make after a trip to the farmer’s market. It is the perfect way to use the fresh corn, veggies and herbs I pick up on my Saturday morning trip.
This corn salad recipe is super easy to make with a light and simple dressing. I don’t like to add too much to the dressing so the fresh vegetables really shine. I love serving it with Grilled Chicken Bacon Melt, Instant Pot BBQ chicken and Baked Brown Sugar Chicken Wings to name a few.
How to make corn salad
- Start by cutting the corn off the cob. To do this, I place a small bowl upside down in the center of a larger bowl. Place the bottom of the ear of corn on the upside down bowl for stability and take a sharp knife and cut the kernels down the cob. Now, if it’s not corn season, frozen corn will work fine too. Just make sure to thaw it out before you make the salad.
- Stir together the remaining salad ingredients with the corn.
- Next, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl or jar. Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
Serve this salad with your favorite summer meal. I even like topping hot dogs with it or putting it in a fish taco. Let me know your favorite way to eat easy corn salad.
Easy corn salad make a great summertime side.
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Mix all of the salad ingredients together in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl or jar, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss.