Air Fryer Bacon- Can you cook bacon in an air fryer? Yes, you can make bacon in the air fryer and it’s so easy! Crispy, delicious bacon every time.
I purchased my air fryer last year and cooking bacon was one of the first things I tried. It is amazing how many things you can make in an air fryer!
How to Cook Bacon in the Air Fryer
First you must decide what type of bacon you want. I used a center cut, thick slice. Feel free to use your favorite like smoked bacon, turkey bacon, or even Canadian Bacon.
- Begin by adding a little bit of water to the grease catcher. I find this helps reduce smoking and makes cleanup a little easier.
- Place 6-7 pieces of bacon in the fryer basket. I try not to overlap too much to ensure the each piece cooks evenly.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. I prefer my bacon a little crispier so 10 minutes is perfect. Each air fryer cooks a little differently so you might want to start with 8 minutes to test.
- Make sure to flip the bacon half way through the cooking process (so around 4-5 minutes of cooking).
Tips for Air Fryer Bacon
- Add a little water to the grease pan to help prevent smoking. I also like to empty the grease before making the second batch.
- I used thick, center cut bacon. If you use thinner bacon I would recommend starting with 8 minutes instead of 10.
- Once cooked, transfer to a paper towel lined plate to soak up any extra grease.
- Cooked bacon can be stored in a resealable bag for up to a week.
Why Cook Bacon with an Air Fryer
Air fryers work by circulating hot air that contains tiny oil droplets. This means you don’t have to submerge the food in a pot full of oil which translates into lower fat content.
- Easy clean-up
- Even cooking
Can Bacon be Reheated
Yes! Often I will make two packages of bacon and keep some for meals during the week. You can reheat by:
- Placing bacon on a paper towel lined plate and microwave 30-40 seconds.
- Place on a baking sheet, cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- Place it back in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 2-3 minutes.
Recipes with Bacon
Air Fryer Bacon
- 1 12 oz package bacon I used center cut
- Set temperature to 400 degrees and timer at 10 minutes. Check bacon at 5 minutes and flip over using a fork or tongs. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Time might be change according to thickness of the bacon and how crispy you like yours. If you have thinner bacon or like not so crispy bacon, start with 8 minutes.