This Turkey Apple Sandwich with dill cream cheese spread is a tart, crunchy, creamy and delicious sandwich. Honey turkey topped with green apple and a creamy dill cream cheese spread will make you the hit of lunch time.
Where I grew up in Abingdon, Virginia, there used to be a cute little restaurant downtown called Plum Ally. It was located in an old home on Main st. On the bottom floor they sold cute gifts and knick-knacks and on the top floor they had a deli type restaurant that served the best sandwiches and salads. It was always a treat when Mom brought us there to eat.
One of my favorite sandwiches they served was a turkey and green apple sandwich with a dill cream cheese spread. It is one of those childhood food memories that has stuck in my brain. The tart green apple paired with the honey turkey and dill cream cheese spread makes a super flavorful sandwich.
Unfortunately, Plum Ally closed after I graduated high school so I had to come up with my own version of this delicious sandwich and I will say I have come pretty darn close. This turkey apple sandwich is great to pack for lunch, just wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Turkey Apple Sandwich
- 4 whole wheat bagels toasted
- 12 slices of honey maple deli turkey
- 1 green granny smith apple sliced
- 12 oz whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice.
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill, garlic powder, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Separate the bagels and place 3 slices of turkey and apple slices on one half and spread cream cheese on the other bagel half.
- Place the halves together and enjoy.