Air Fryer Fish Sticks are crisp and crunchy and made in less than 10 minutes. These frozen fish sticks can be cooked straight from frozen.
Cooking frozen food in the air fryer is so convenient and tastes great. We also love making frozen popcorn shrimp, frozen french fries , air fryer pizza rolls and frozen egg rolls because they always turn out golden and crispy.
We love cooking in the air fryer! It’s such a great way to get food crunchy and delicious without a lot of oil and grease. It’s also nice not to have to preheat your oven and heat up the house.
They cook by circulating hot air around the food which helps to achieve maximum tastiness.
Be sure to download this free Air Fryer Times and Temperatures cheat sheet. It’s a great quick reference to common food that is cooked with this method.
Why this works
- No need to add any extra oil. They already have oil cooked into them so you don’t need to add any.
- Easy to clean-up.
- No oven to preheat.
What you need
You need a box of your favorite frozen fish sticks. I used Gorton’s but any brand will work great.
How to make
Scroll down for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Place frozen fish sticks in the air fryer basket. Make sure to keep them in a single layer to ensure they get cooked all around.
- Set the temperature for 400 degrees F and 4 minutes. Remove and shake or flip the sticks over.
- Set temperature again for 400 degrees F and another 4 minutes. Add another 1-2 minutes if you prefer them to be more crunchy.
- If desired, sprinkle with salt or Old Bay seasoning.
- Try serving with the easy Homemade Tartar Sauce.
Are they made from real fish?
Yes, most brands use a white fish like cod and then bread or batter them. There can be fillers in the processed fish sticks.
What to serve
There are many great options to serve with fish sticks. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Onion Rings – These are easy to make and always crunchy.
- Pea Salad – Cool and creamy salad filled with vegetables and bacon.
- Roasted Broccoli – A delicious way to eat your broccoli.
- Corn Salad – A beautiful salad with corn, tomatoes and more.
- Roasted Potatoes – This makes a great side for many dishes.
- Cooking time might depend on how large or thick the fish is made. Also, each fryer tends to cook a little differently but 8 minutes is a good base time to start.
- There is no need for extra oil for this recipe.
- If you would like to season with salt, Old Bay or another spice, do it right after they come out and are hot.
What is best air fryer to use?
You can find many great machines on the market today.
- I use this Corsi that is 5.8 quarts which works well for our family of 5.
- OMORC 6 quart is another wonderful option that comes at a great price.
More seafood recipes
- Shrimp Dip – A warm dip that tastes just like shrimp scampi.
- BBQ Shrimp – Delicious shrimp in a spicy sauce.
- Mini Crab Cakes – Great for an appetizer of meal.
*** If you made these please be sure to leave a comment and rating below.
Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- 1 box frozen fish sticks
- Place fish sticks in air fryer basket being sure not to stack on each other.
- Set air fryer temperature to 400 degrees F and 4 minutes. Shake or flip over sticks and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Optional: Sprinkle with salt or Old Bay Seasoning after cooking.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.