Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks are crisp and crunchy and made in less than 10 minutes. These frozen fish sticks can be cooked straight from frozen.
Cooking frozen food in the air fryer is so convenient and tastes great. We also love making frozen popcorn shrimp, frozen french fries , air fryer pizza rolls and frozen egg rolls because they always turn out golden and crispy.
I love cooking in the air fryer! It’s such a great way to get food crunchy and delicious without a lot of oil and grease. It’s also nice not to have to preheat your oven and heat up the house.
Air fryers cook by circulating hot air around the food which helps to achieve maximum tastiness.
Be sure to download this free Air Fryer Times and Temperatures cheat sheet. It’s a great quick reference to common food that is cooked with this method.
AIR FRYER COOKING TIMES CHEAT SHEET
Why this works
- Delicious, crunchy fish sticks with no need to add any extra oil. You will still get that yummy deep fried taste without the added oil. Frozen fish sticks already have oil cooked into them so you don’t need to add any.
- These are super fast and simple to make. They cook up in about 10 minutes and clean-up is a breeze.
- No oven to preheat. You can cook these frozen fish sticks in the time it would take you to preheat the oven.
What you need
Frozen fish sticks – You need a box of your favorite frozen fish sticks. I used Gorton’s but any brand will work great.
How to make air fryer frozen fish sticks
Scroll down for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Place frozen fish sticks in the air fryer basket. Make sure to keep them in a single layer to ensure they get cooked all around.
- Set the temperature for 400 degrees F and 4 minutes. Remove and shake or flip the sticks over.
- Set temperature again for 400 degrees F and another 4 minutes. Add another 1-2 minutes if you prefer them to be more crunchy.
- If desired, sprinkle with salt or Old Bay seasoning.
- Try serving with the easy Homemade Tartar Sauce.
Are frozen fish sticks made from real fish?
Yes, most brands use a white fish like cod and then bread or batter them. There can be fillers in the processed fish sticks.
What to serve with fish sticks
There are many great options to serve with fish sticks. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Onion Rings – These are easy to make and always crunchy.
- Pea Salad – Cool and creamy salad filled with vegetables and bacon.
- Roasted Broccoli – A delicious way to eat your broccoli.
- Corn Salad – A beautiful salad with corn, tomatoes and more.
- Roasted Potatoes – This makes a great side for many dishes.
How to reheat fish sticks
Air fryers are great for reheating food. Place leftover fish sticks in air fryer basket. Cook at 380 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Make sure to place these in a single layer in the basket. You want the hot air to be able to circulate around the fish sticks for even cooking.
- Cooking time might depend on how large or thick the fish is made. Also, each fryer tends to cook a little differently but 8 minutes is a good base time to start.
- There is no need for extra oil for this recipe. If you would like your frozen fish sticks extra crispy, you can lightly spray them with olive oil. Just be sure not to use an aerosol spray like PAM because it could damage your air fryer.
- If you would like to season with salt, Old Bay or another spice, do it right after they come out and are hot.
What is best air fryer to use?
You can find many great machines on the market today.
- I use this Corsi that is 5.8 quarts which works well for our family of 5.
- OMORC 6 quart is another wonderful option that comes at a great price.
More seafood recipes
- Shrimp Dip – A warm dip that tastes just like shrimp scampi.
- BBQ Shrimp – Delicious shrimp in a spicy sauce.
- Mini Crab Cakes – Great for an appetizer of meal.
*** If you made these please be sure to leave a comment and rating below.
Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- 1 box frozen fish sticks
- Place fish sticks in air fryer basket being sure not to stack on each other.
- Set air fryer temperature to 400 degrees F and 4 minutes. Shake or flip over sticks and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Optional: Sprinkle with salt or Old Bay Seasoning after cooking.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for this. I just got air fryer. Will give this a try. My kid loves fish sticks.
I make fish sticks in the air fryer all the time. I love the ones from Costco. They make awesome fish tacos.
I love this fish sticks, this air fryer version fish sticks looks perfect snacks for kids. I haven’t bought air fryer looks like I need to get one for me.
I like the idea of an air fryer it’s definitely something I would like to try and these sound so good as well!
Isn’t the air fryer a marvelous invention? We use ours daily and we have saved so many calories not having to use so much oil.
I was scouting for a brand of air fryer and read some reviews. Good thing that the fish sticks cooked evenly on that cooker.
Oh my goodness! I love my Air Fryer and I must make these fish sticks!
We don’t have an air fryer, but this makes me wish we had one.
I have been looking at an air fryer for some time now and have been reading posts about how well it works. Thanks for sharing.
I honestly need an air fryer it is so versatile and the food comes out perfect!
Fish sticks is a favorite in my home. Looking forward to giving this recipe a try.
After reading this I need to get an air fryer. I love french fries and onion rings and those fish sticks are so perfectly cooked.
My daughter loves eating fish sticks. I need to get an air fryer. Right now I just make them in the oven!