Pizza bagels are a great snack, lunch or dinner. A recipe that even the kids can help make. Go with classic pepperoni or change it up with your favorite toppings.
This pizza bagel recipe is one of my kids favorite things to eat and make. We try to have a pizza night at least once a month and sometimes it’s just easier to use bagels instead of a dough crust. I like to put several different topping options in little bowls and then the kids top their bagels before it goes in the oven. Most of the time they end up with just pepperoni. 🙂
For a complete meal I will serve a salad or some sort of veggie.
Ingredients Needed: Mini Bagels, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and mini pepperoni.
Why this recipe works
- Only requires a few ingredients. If you are making this basic recipe you only need 5 ingredients.
- Kids love making them! Get the kids in the kitchen for pizza night! Let them put on their own toppings.
- Can personalize toppings. If you are more adventurous, add other toppings like peppers, onions, sausage, pineapple or ham.
How to make pizza bagels
- These can be made with regular or mini size plain bagels. I used the mini for this recipe. I like having them more bite sized.
- Divide bagels in half and place on a baking sheet.
- Spoon sauce over bagels and then top with cheese, pepperoni and a pinch of Italian seasoning.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
How long do you cook pizza bagels?
Oven: If you are baking these pizzas in the oven, cook for about 10 minutes.
Air Fryer: You can cook these pizzas in the air fryer! Set the temperature to 400 and cook for 8-10 minutes.
Can you freeze?
Yes! Before you bake the pizzas, place them on the baking sheet into the freezer. Freeze until fully frozen and then place the bagels into a freezer bag. Once ready to eat, place on baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
I love these bagels because you can make them your own. Choose your favorite ingredients for toppings. I love having several options for everyone to make their own. Here are a few ingredients to try:
- Black or green olives
- Diced bell pepper
- Crumbled Italian sausage
- Diced onion
- Diced pineapple
More recipes you might enjoy
- Pretzel Pizza – Similar to this recipe except with a pretzel.
- Pizza Bowls – A delicious low carb version of pizza.
- Italian Sub Pasta Salad – Think of an Italian sandwich in salad form.
- Easy Stromboli Recipe – Pepperoni and cheese wrapped up in dough and baked.
- Cheesy Meatball Bombs – Love these appetizers! Meatballs with cheese in the middle wrapped in pizza dough.
- Steak Egg And Cheese Bagel – A delicious sandwich great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
We love this simple pizza recipe. Great for a busy night or an afternoon snack.
***If you made this recipe, be sure to give it a star rating below.
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 4 mini bagels
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Divide bagels in half and place them on a baking sheet.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons marinara sauce on top of each bagel half. Cover with shredded cheese and then top with mini pepperoni.
- Lightly sprinkle Italian seasoning on top of each bagel.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Optional: Garnish with parsley and serve with extra marinara.
Leave a Reply