Italian Sub Pasta Salad is made with classic ingredients found on an Italian Sub Sandwich. Pasta, lettuce, salami, onion, tomatoes, peppers and cheese topped with a red wine vinaigrette dressing.
Italian Pasta Salad is a flavorful salad loaded with all of the classic sub fixings. This salad is great to bring for lunch or even as a quick and easy dinner.
I am a big fan of pasta salads like this Hawaiian Pasta Salad, Chicken Orzo Salad, and Italian Pasta Salad with Pepperoni. I think the reason I like them so much is they remind me of family gatherings and pot lucks. Pasta salads are also easy to throw together when you are in need of a quick meal.
A few weekend ago I brought this pasta salad to a basketball watching party. The crowd LOVED it and kept coming back for seconds. It was one of those times when I really didn’t know what to bring to the party. I got lost in the Pinterest abyss trying to find the perfect dish to take. Ya, even being a food blogger I sometimes can’t figure out what to make. 🙂
I decided to see what we had in the fridge and found our leftovers from Italian subs I had made earlier in the week. So I decided to put all of the ingredients into this simple pasta salad and made an easy homemade red wine vinaigrette.
How to make Italian Sub Pasta Salad
This recipe requires some minimal chopping and that’s about as hard as it gets. I like to chop my ingredients on the small side to make it easier to eat. Gotta be able to get all of those yummy flavors in one bite. For this pasta salad I included tomatoes, pasta, lettuce, pepperoncini, salami, provolone and red onions. It is tossed with a homemade red wine vinaigrette but your favorite bottled dressing would work in a pinch.
- Combine all of your salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss until well coated.
Of course you can make this salad your own and add in more ingredients to make it super deluxe.
Additional Add-Ins for Italian Pasta Salad:
- Kalamata Olives
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Diced Ham or Turkey
- Green Bell Peppers
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
Don’t forget this delicious pasta salad for your next gathering. Enjoy!
** If you make this recipe be sure to give it a star rating below.
Italian Sub Pasta Salad
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Uncooked Rotini Pasta
- 4 oz. Provolone Cheese, Diced
- 2 oz Sliced Salami, Diced
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, Diced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1/2 cup Pepperoncini, Diced
- 4-5 cups Green Leaf Lettuce, Chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients until combined.
- Cook pasta according to box. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, tomatoes, red onions, pepperoncinis, cheese and salami. Stir in lettuce. Add the vinaigrette and toss to coat.