Easy Cheesy Meatball Bombs are great for an appetizer, snack, or meal. Biscuits stuffed with meatballs and cheese has to be a winner!
Phew, it has been one busy week around these parts. Lots of play dates and company visiting, we have been having fun. Too much fun though because I have not had time to go to the grocery store and get all of my normal things done around the house. That’s ok though, won’t be the first or last time I have 3 loads of laundry laying on the laundry room floor. 🙂
That’s why sometimes I just need a quick meal/snack that I know the family will love and doesn’t take much time, thought, or ingredients. Insert the wonderfully cheesy meatball bomb or biscuit if you prefer. These things really are “the bomb” and one of my new favorite things. All you need are some biscuits, I like the Pillsbury Grands, some meatballs, cheese and a little pizza sauce.
Flatten the biscuit on your work surface, add half of a meatball and a piece of the string cheese. Now pinch up the sides of the biscuit and roll it up. Place in a cake pan and drizzle with melted butter seasoned with Italian seasoning and garlic powder (I melted to butter in the microwave). Bake em up and prepare yourself for a cheesy, meaty ball of goodness.
Seriously, these are SO GOOD! They are kind of like a little meatball sub. You can serve them with your favorite homemade or store bought marinara sauce.
More Appetizer Recipes:
Cheesy Meatball Bombs
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands Jr. Golden Layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Italian style meatballs (I used Aidells Italian chicken meatballs from refrigerated section you can use homemade or also frozen)
- 3 sticks of mozzarella string cheese cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix melted butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Separate biscuits. Flatten the biscuits.
- Cut meatballs in half and place one meatball half on each flattened biscuit.
- Place a piece of string cheese on top of meatball and then wrap dough around it to seal.
- Pour half of melted butter in 9 inch round cake pan and place each completed biscuit seam side down in pan.
- Repeat until finished. Spoon the remaining butter over biscuits.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara or pizza sauce.