Orange Poke Cake with Toasted Coconut is a from scratch yellow cake with sweet orange throughout and topped with a light and fluffy whipped cream and toasted coconut.
Poke cakes are delicious and can be made in many different variations. Like this one for the holidays. One of my favorite’s to make once the weather starts warming up is this orange poke cake. The bright citrus flavor and color puts a smile on everyone’s face.
I partnered with my friends at Imperial Sugar on today’s recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that makes this site possible
How to make orange poke cake with toasted coconut cream
This recipe starts with a from scratch yellow cake. It’s simple and makes a rich and delicious cake.
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugar with a mixer. Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture, milk, flour mixture and milk. Mix until combined.
- Pour into a prepared baking dish and back for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Poke holes in the cake with a fork or back of a wooden spoon.
- Dissolve orange gelatin with boiling water and then add cold water. Pour all over cake.
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before adding the whipped topping.
The topping is a light and fluffy Chantilly Cream made with heavy whipping cream and sugar. Using a stand mixer, whip the cream, vanilla and sugar together until stiff peaks form. Cover the cake with cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Tips for making Orange Poke Cake
- Make sure to let the cake cool in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. This allows the gelatin time to set up. I will often make the cake part the night before and then frost in the morning.
- When making the whipped cream, make sure the mixing bowl is cold. This helps to form the whipped cream.
- Toast coconut by warming in a skillet over medium heat or place on a cookie sheet in the oven at 400 degrees for 2-3 minutes.
This cake makes a great addition to parties and holiday gatherings. Enjoy!
Head over to Imperial Sugar for the FULL ORANGE POKE CAKE RECIPE .