Holiday Jello Cake is a great addition to any holiday meal. Easy to make, delicious and colorful, this poke cake is always a crowd favorite.
Jello cakes have been around for along time. I love making them especially for a special occasion. This cherry and lime combination is so fun for the Christmas holiday. The kids love helping me sprinkle the top and of course enjoy eating it!
How to make Jello Cake
- Prepare cake according to the box directions. Let is cool slightly and then poke holes in cake with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Prepare red jello in one bowl and green jello in a separate bowl. Pour red jello mixture on every other row of holes and green jello in the remaining holes. Be sure to use all of the jello mixture.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator and let chill for 4 hours or over night.
- Top cake with whipped topping (I used Cool Whip) and sprinkles.
Tips for making Jello Cake
- If you don’t have a wooden spoon, use a fork to prick holes in the cake.
- If you don’t have or like white cake, substitute yellow cake mix.
- Change the Jello flavors for different colors if you are making the cake for a different occasion.
- Make sure to let cake chill long enough for Jello to set.
MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS
Holiday Jello Cake
- 1 box white cake mix (+ ingredients on box)
- 1 3 oz box lime jello
- 1 3 oz box cherry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 16 oz frozen whipped topping
- holiday sprinkles
- Bake cake according to directions on the box. Bake in a 9x13 baking pan or dish.
- Let the cake slightly cook and poke holes in the cake with the back of a wooden spoon. (You can also use a fork if you don't have wooden spoon.)
- Place red jello mix in one bowl and green jello mix in another bowl. Pour 1 cup boiling water in the red mix and 1 cup of boiling water in the green bowl. Stir until disolved.
- Pour 1/2 cup cold water in with red and 1/2 cup cold water in green.
- Pour red jello in every other row of holes and pour green in remaining holes. Make sure to pour all of the jello mixture.
- Chill the cake for 3-4 hours or over night and then top with whipped topping and sprinkles.