Slow cooker country style ribs are seasoned with a simple rub and cooked in BBQ sauce to make tender, juicy, fall apart ribs. This easy crockpot recipe is perfect for a busy day.
The best country ribs in crock pot
- Need an idea for dinner tonight? This slow cooker recipe is a must try, easy meal. Tender ribs are cooked low and slow for a delicious dinner the whole family will love.
- Make your own homemade BBQ rub that will add lots of flavor to the pork.
- Country style ribs can also be made in the Instant Pot but making them in the crockpot is a great way to start in the morning and then have dinner ready when you get home from work.
- Country style ribs – You can use bone-in or boneless ribs for this recipe.
- Seasonings – This recipe calls for a few simple spices for this seasoning mix including salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and brown sugar.
- BBQ sauce – Use your favorite BBQ sauce for this recipe. I am using Sweet Baby Rays.
How to make slow cooker country style ribs
Step one: Put salt, ground black pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Stir to combine the dry rub mixture.
Step two: Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray. Place ribs in the cooker.
Step three: Pour the seasoning mixture over the ribs. Rub the seasoning on the ribs to cover. Pour a cup of barbecue sauce over ribs. Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.
Step four: Check to make sure they are fork tender. Serve the ribs warm and use additional barbecue sauce as needed.
- If you like a smoky flavor, stir in a 1/2 teaspoon of liquid smoke with the BBQ sauce.
- Want a crispier BBQ crust? Once the ribs have cooked, place them on a foil lined baking sheet, brush with more barbecue sauce, and broil in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
How to store leftover country style ribs
Store: Store any leftovers in an airtight container or they can be wrapped in foil. Keep them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Freeze: These ribs can also be frozen. Keep in a freezer bag or container for up to 3 months.
What to serve with BBQ ribs
There are so many wonderful things to serve with your ribs. Check out this whole list of BBQ sides. Here are some favorite side dishes:
- Potato salad
- Macaroni salad
- Mashed potatoes
They can be cooked on high for 6-7 hours or on low temperature for 8 hours to fully cook and be tender.
These country-style ribs do not need to be submerged.
Believe it or not, country-style ribs aren’t ribs. This meat comes from the pork shoulder area of the pig. They are called ribs because they resemble traditional ribs in texture and flavor.
I recommend slow cooking on low heat for 8 hours for the most tender meat. The longer you cook them, the more tender they will be. If they are still a little tough after 8 hours, cook them a little longer.
More pork recipes
- Perfectly cooked pork tenderloin
- 25 pork tenderloin recipes
- 21 Pork belly recipes
- Baked pork chops
- Leftover pulled pork recipes
Slow Cooker Country Style Ribs
- 3 pounds country style ribs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3/4 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Place salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and brown sugar in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spray the inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place ribs in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle spice mixture over the ribs and then rub the spices over the ribs to coat them.
- Pour BBQ sauce over the ribs. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8 hours.
Sooo good and so easy. Put them in the slow cooker and forget for 8 hours. I put a crock pot liner in and clean up easy. Would recommend this to anyone. 5 stars.
Is it better to cook the ribs on low or high, in the crock pot? Or does it not affect the taste.
Delicious. The whole family loves it.
Followed instructions exactly, low for 8 hours and they were fantastic! Melted in your mouth! Will definitely use this recipe again