Instant Pot Country Style Ribs are the ultimate in tender, juicy pork shoulder meat. Rubbed in spices and slathered in BBQ sauce, these country style ribs are full of out of this world flavor. This is a super delicious, family approved meal that can be made in an hour.
If you are looking for something new to try for your next family meal, I would definitely suggest trying country style ribs. They are super tender and really easy to make.
This is a very versatile recipe. The meat can be eaten on it’s own, or shredded up for BBQ sandwiches, tacos, or used on a salad.
Why this recipe works
- Making these country ribs in the Instant Pot helps you get tender meat in a fraction of the time.
- Budget friendly cut of meat.
- Pork can be used for different meals like BBQ sandwiches or BBQ nachos.
What are country style ribs?
They actually aren’t ribs! These are cut blade-end, close to the pork shoulder. They are usually meatier than other ribs and have a nice marbling and flavor. You can learn more about the types of ribs at pork.org.
Country Style Ribs – Around 3 pounds works well for this recipe.
BBQ sauce – Use your favorite.
Brown sugar – This adds a wonderful sweetness to the rib rub.
Rub spices – Paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper make up the rub.
How to make country style ribs in Instant Pot
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Dry Rub: In a small bowl, mix together spices for dry rub. Sprinkle rub over ribs and press the rub into the meat.
- Prepare: Add beef broth, Worcestershire and apple juice to the pressure cooker. Place ribs, in the cooker and then top with BBQ sauce.
- Cook: Place the lid on cooker and lock in place. Cook on manual, high pressure for 45 minutes. Once finished cooking, allow to natural release. (This could take about 15 minutes.)
- Eat: Top with extra BBQ sauce and serve.
Can you cook frozen ribs in the Instant Pot?
Yes, you can make frozen ribs. Before adding to the pot, make sure they are not stuck together. Follow the same directions but add an extra 20 minutes to the cook time. So instead of 45 minutes, set cook time to 65 minutes.
- When selecting the country style ribs, look for nice marbling to ensure the most tender and flavorful meat.
- This recipe was prepared in a 6-quart Instant Pot.
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce for this meal. I like a thicker sauce like Sweet Baby Rays.
- If you like a little crispiness on the outside of your ribs, after they cooked and added sauce, place them under the broiler in the oven for a few minutes.
- I would recommend 2 ribs per person when serving.
Can I prep in advance
Feel free to rub the meat with spices and refrigerate overnight.
How to store
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Reheat in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes.
What to serve with country style ribs?
These pair well with many different side dishes. Here are a few of our favorites:
More Instant Pot recipes
- Instant Pot BBQ chicken – Tender, juicy BBQ chicken.
- Instant Pot vegetable soup – Fast and easy soup filled with veggies.
- Instant Pot German potato salad – A warm potato salad with a light vinegar dressing and bacon.
- Instant Pot chicken pesto pasta – A great family friendly meal!
***If you made this recipe please feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
- 3 pounds country style ribs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle rub over ribs and gently rub it on meat.
- Pour beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and apple juice into Instant Pot.
- Add in ribs and pour BBQ sauce over them. Place lid on Instant pot and lock into place. Set to Pressure Cook for 45 minutes. (Be sure that the valve is set to sealing position.)
- Once they have cooked for 45 minutes, allow for a natural pressure release for 20 minutes and then manually release remaining pressure.
- Remove ribs and top with more BBQ sauce. Serve.