Instant Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta can be made in just the pressure cooker…even the pasta! You won’t believe how simple this Instant Pot Chicken recipe is to make.
If you are looking for a SUPER simple Instant pot meal, you will love this recipe! This chicken pesto pasta made in the pressure cooker has become a family favorite.
How to make chicken pesto pasta recipe:
Since we are making this dish in the pressure cooker, I like to cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Season the chicken with Italian seasonings. Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode and add butter. (You can replace butter with olive oil if you prefer.)
Saute the chicken until all sides start to brown. Pour uncooked pasta over chicken and then pour broth over pasta. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set Manual mode to 4 minutes.
Once it has reached pressure and cooked, do a manual pressure release to let the steam out of the cooker. Wait until the pin has dropped and then remove the lid.
Add in pesto and mix until chicken and pasta are coated. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
What goes well with chicken pesto pasta:
- Salad is always a great choice to serve with pasta.
- My favorite, garlic bread is always served at my house when I make this meal.
If you want to “beef” up this meal you can add-in different vegetables like grape tomatoes, peas, mushrooms, or even cut asparagus. I also love topping my pasta with shredded Parmesan cheese and even pine nuts.
If you like using your Instant Pot, don’t forget to try this easy Instant Pot BBQ Chicken.
Tools used in this Chicken Pesto Pasta:
Instant Pot: I love using my Instant Pot for easy meals. It has become one of my favorite kitchen tools.
Instant Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Set Instant Pot to Saute setting. Add butter to pot. Season chicken with Italian seasonings and add to Instant Pot.
- Saute chicken until sides start to brown. Pour in uncooked pasta and chicken broth.
- Place cover on Instant pot and set Manual to 4 minutes. Once finished do a manual steam release. Once stopper has dropped, remove lid.
- Add pesto to pot and stir to cover chicken and pasta.
- Serve and top with Parmesan cheese.