Instant Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta can be made in just the pressure cooker…even the pasta! You won’t believe how simple this Instant Pot chicken recipe is to make.
If you are looking for a SUPER simple Instant pot meal like Instant Pot BBQ chicken, you will love this pesto chicken recipe! This chicken pesto pasta made in the pressure cooker has become a family favorite.
Why this chicken pesto pasta recipe works
- Can be made quickly and in one pot using the Instant Pot.
- Just a few ingredients pack a lot of flavor.
- Perfect for an easy, weeknight meal.
Chicken – I like to use boneless, skinless breast cut into small pieces.
Pasta – Use your favorite shape, we used rotini. Ziti, penne and mostaccioli also work well.
Chicken broth – You can also substitute water or vegetable broth.
Pesto – Feel free to use store bought or homemade.
Butter and Italian seasoning – Add flavor to the meal.
How to make chicken pesto pasta recipe:
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe and ingredients.
- Prepare: Since we are making this dish in the pressure cooker, I like to cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Season the chicken with Italian seasonings.
- Cook chicken: Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode and add butter. (You can replace butter with olive oil if you prefer.) Saute the chicken until all sides start to brown.
- Pasta: Pour uncooked pasta over chicken and then pour in broth. Place lid on Instant Pot and set Manual cook for 4 minutes.
- Release: Once it has reached pressure and cooked, do a manual pressure release to let the steam out of cooker. Wait until the pin drops before removing the lid.
- Combine: Add in pesto and mix until chicken and pasta are coated. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
What goes well with chicken pesto pasta:
- Salad is always a great choice to serve with pasta.
- My favorite, garlic bread is always served at my house when I make this meal.
If you want to “beef” up this meal you can add-in different vegetables like grape tomatoes, peas, mushrooms, or even cut asparagus. I also love topping my pasta with shredded Parmesan cheese and even pine nuts.
Tools used in this Instant Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta:
Instant Pot: I love using my Instant Pot for easy meals. It has become one of my favorite kitchen tools.
More easy Instant Pot recipes
- Instant Pot spaghetti squash: A quick and simple way to cook spaghetti squash.
- Instant Pot German potato salad: A warm potato salad with bacon and vinegar dressing.
- Instant Pot country style ribs: Super tender country style BBQ ribs.
- Instant Pot vegetable soup: Very easy soup recipe, great for a busy night.
*** If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Instant Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Set Instant Pot to Saute setting. Add butter to pot. Season chicken with Italian seasonings and add to Instant Pot.
- Saute chicken until sides start to brown. Pour in uncooked pasta and chicken broth.
- Place cover on Instant pot and set Manual to 4 minutes. Once finished do a manual steam release. Once stopper has dropped, remove lid.
- Add pesto to pot and stir to cover chicken and pasta.
- Serve and top with Parmesan cheese.