Chicken Pasta Salad is creamy, with the crunch of diced veggies. This easy pasta salad recipe can be a stand alone meal and also works well for a BBQ, picnic or potluck.
Easy Pasta Salad
This recipe is something I love to make for lunch for the week, a picnic, or to bring to a BBQ. You can make it the day before and it will stay good in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. It’s also very versatile so feel free to add your favorite veggies.
Ingredients needed: pasta, diced chicken, onion, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
How to make Chicken Pasta Salad with Mayo dressing
- Cook the pasta according to the box. I recommend cooking it al dente so it holds up to the veggies and dressing. No mushy noodles in the salad!
- Drain the pasta and add to a large bowl.
- Stir in diced vegetables and chicken.
- Combine mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, cider vinegar, salt and pepper. The vinegar adds a nice little tang to the dressing. You could also use red wine vinegar.
- Pour over pasta salad and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Ideas for other veggie add-ins
- Shredded Carrots
- Green Onion
- Chopped Asparagus
Tips for the Perfect Pasta Salad
- I love using rotisserie chicken for this recipe. It helps cut down on prep time. You could also use this Air Fryer Chicken or Baked Chicken.
- Can I use different pasta? Yes! This recipe can be made with most any pasta shape. I even enjoy it with cheese tortellini.
- Dice up your chicken and veggies small. This ensures you get a little bit of everything in every bite!
- Once you drain your pasta, run a little cold water over the noodles to help them cool down before adding the dressing.
- Don’t like chicken? Try tuna, diced ham or meatless.
More Pasta Salad Recipes
You might also enjoy this avocado pasta salad from Spend With Pennies.
Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
Cold and creamy, this pasta salad is the perfect meal for spring and summer. A delicious ways to eat your veggies!
**Make this recipe? Be sure to give it a star rating below.
Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 16 oz pasta
- 1 cup chopped chicken
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to box directions. Drain pasta and add to a large bowl.
- Add in diced chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and green pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing in with pasta and toss until well combined. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Leave a Reply