Cucumber tomato avocado salad is a colorful and delicious salad made with a light dressing. A simple avocado salad that is sure to be a hit.
You will love this Avocado Tomato Cucumber and Mozzarella Salad
Cucumber tomato avocado salad is my go-to summer salad. If I need something to bring to a BBQ, party, or summer picnic, this delicious salad is always at the top of my list.
This salad is filled with fresh ingredients and topped with a light lemon dressing. Serve it as a main dish or a side dish for things like chicken or fish.
Tomato Avocado Cucumber Salad ingredients
- Cherry tomatoes – Use red, yellow, or your favorite cherry tomato.
- Cucumber – I like using an English cucumber for this recipe because they have fewer seeds.
- Mozzarella – Mozzarella pearls work well with this recipe but you can also cube fresh mozzarella.
- Avocados – Creamy avocado pairs perfectly with the crisp cucumber.
- Onions – Diced green onions add a nice flavor to the salad.
- Basil, parsley – Use fresh herbs for the dressing.
- Lemon – Fresh lemon juice adds a nice tang and also help to prevent the avocado from turning brown.
- Extra virgin olive oil – Used to make the dressing.
- Salt and ground black pepper
How to make Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
Step one: Mix together extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, basil, salt, and ground black pepper.
Step two: Add cherry tomatoes, cucumber, mozzarella pearls, and green onion to a large bowl.
Step three: Pour dressing over tomato mixture and toss to coat.
Step four: Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve and then top with chopped avocado and toss.
Make sure to wait until you are ready to serve the salad before adding the avocado. This will help it from turning brown.
- Make sure to choose a ripe avocado.
How to serve Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
Serve this salad as a great side dish for a variety of things like steak, chicken, pork, and fish.
Make it a main meal by adding in diced chicken, shrimp, hard boiled eggs, or salmon.
Cucumber Avocado Tomato Salad substitutions and additions
This cucumber salad is very versatile and can be adjusted to your taste. Here are a few suggestions:
Substitutions – Try substituting green onion with red onion. You can also substitute the mozzarella with other cheese like feta cheese, or cubed Monterey Jack.
Additions – Add fresh cilantro and corn to give this salad some Tex-Mex flavor. You can also add in other vegetables like diced bell peppers or banana peppers.
How to store
Store any leftovers in an airtight container. This avocado salad will last about 2 days before the avocado starts to get brown and mushy.
Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad FAQs
Peeling the cucumber is a preference. If using an English cucumber, you don’t need to peel. You can also leave the peel on a regular cucumber, however they tend to have a more waxy texture skin.
You can prep everything in the salad ahead of time except for the avocados. Wait to add them until ready to serve.
More easy salad recipes
Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup red cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 English cucumber, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese pearls, drained
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl mix together lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, basil, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl stir tomatoes, cucumber, mozzarella pearls and green onion.
- Pour dressing over tomato mixture and toss to coat. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Once ready to serve, top with diced avocados.
Leave a Reply