Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad, a colorful and delicious salad filled with tomatoes, cucumbers, mozzarella cheese, avocado, herbs and lemon dressing.
Cucumber tomato avocado salad is my go-to summer salad. If I need something to bring to a BBQ or party, this recipe is always at the top of my list.
We had family in town for this past holiday weekend which meant I needed to stock up on food and supplies. I loaded up the kids and went to our local BJ’s Wholesale Club to get everything on my list. I enjoy shopping at BJ’s Wholesale because it beats supermarket prices and saves me money. Also, they accept all manufacturers coupons-Winning! Not to mention it saves me time and is super convenient. And let’s face it, with 3 young kids, time is a precious thing. I would rather be spending time hanging with my family than shopping.
Ok, back to the salad! It is filled with fresh ingredients that are perfect for your summer party. It is delicious on it’s own or served alongside some grilled chicken or a steak.
How to make cucumber tomato avocado salad:
- Mix together extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Toss cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, mozzarella pearls and green onion.
- Pour dressing over tomato mixture and toss to coat.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve and then top with avocado.
Be sure to wait until ready to serve to add the avocado so it doesn’t turn brown.
Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup red cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 English cucumber, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese pearls, drained
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl mix together lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, basil, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl stir tomatoes, cucumber, mozzarella pearls and green onion.
- Pour dressing over tomato mixture and toss to coat. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Once ready to serve, top with diced avocados.