Chocolate in coffee will add richness with a hint of sweetness to your hot drink. An easy coffee drink recipe that combines creamy melted chocolate with freshly brewed coffee.
Chocolate and coffee are the perfect pair. One of the best combinations in the culinary world, chocolate balances out the rich, bitter taste of coffee. Putting chocolate in coffee works well for drinks and even desserts like brownies.
This chocolate coffee recipe just needs a few simple ingredients.
Coffee – You will need freshly brewed coffee. I recommend using a high-quality coffee and prefer making mine with a dark roast when mixing with chocolate.
Chocolate – Choose a bar of chocolate. You can use milk chocolate or a dark chocolate bar.
Heavy cream – This adds a little creaminess to the drink but can be left out or substituted with your cream of choice.
Sweetener – Sweetener is optional. You can use sugar, Stevia, or your favorite sweetener.
How to make coffee in chocolate
Step one: Brew your favorite coffee.
Step two: Take 4 oz of chocolate and break it apart into smaller pieces. Place in a medium saucepan.
Step three: Carefully pour hot coffee over chocolate. Turn stove on low heat and whisk the mixture until chocolate melts.
Step four: Remove the saucepan from heat. Pour heavy cream into coffee a coffee cup. Pour the coffee into the cup and stir to combine.
- The extra sweetener is optional. If you prefer a sweeter drink, add your favorite, like sugar, to taste.
- This recipe is made for a single, 8 ounce cup of coffee. It can easily be increased for more servings. A good rule of thumb, for every 8 ounces of coffee, use 2 ounces of chocolate.
- You can substitute freshly brewed coffee with instant coffee. Just prepare the instant coffee like normal and then pour into the saucepan with the chocolate.
- Use your favorite chocolate bar but I would avoid using 100% dark chocolate.
- To make an after dinner cocktail, add in a splash of RumChata or vodka.
Optional coffee toppings
- Chocolate shavings
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Caramel syrup
More coffee drink recipes
- RumChata coffee – A delicious after dinner drink with rich coffee and creamy RumChata.
- Mocha frappuccino – A Starbucks copycat frappuccino recipe.
- Caramel frappuccino – Another tasty frozen frappuccino recipe with coffee and caramel.
Did you try this delicious chocolate in coffee recipe? Let me know in the comments below.
Chocolate in Coffee
- 8 ounces coffee
- 2 ounces chocolate bar milk chocolate or dark chocolate
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar optional (or other sweetener)
- Brew your favorite coffee.
- Place chocolate bar in a medium saucepan. Pour coffee into saucepan.
- Heat over low heat and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Pour cream into a coffee safe mug. Pour in the coffee mixture. Stir until combined.
- Serve hot.