Espresso Brownie Bites
Jul 08, 2020, Updated Aug 27, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Espresso brownie bites are a delicious combination of chocolate and espresso. These rich chocolate brownie bites are topped off with a decadent espresso buttercream frosting.
Brownies like these and pumpkin cheesecake brownie bites are always a huge hit on the dessert table.
You might be wondering, brownies with espresso in them, don’t they taste like coffee? No, the espresso actually enhances the chocolate and gives it the most amazing flavor.
The frosting also acts as a wonderful compliment to the rich chocolate. My kids even loved these brownie bites.
These espresso brownie bites are one of my favorite things to serve at a party or gathering. Since they are made with a mini-muffin pan, they are easy to pick up and pop in your mouth.
One recipe makes about 30 bites. If you are serving these for a party, I would account for 2 brownies per person.
Why these brownies work
- If you are a chocolate lover, you will love these!
- Made in a mini muffin pan, these bite-size portions that work well for a party.
- Creamy, irresistible espresso buttercream frosting.
Here are the ingredient needed: unsweetened chocolate squares, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, instant espresso powder, salt, flour, powdered sugar, cream.
How to make espresso brownie bites
- Melt: Melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix: Mix melted chocolate, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Stir: Stir in espresso powder, flour, and salt.
- Bake: Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full with batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
- Frosting: While the brownies cool, beat butter with a mixer. In a small bowl stir together espresso powder and heavy cream. Pour mixture in with butter and gradually add powdered sugar. Beat until creamy.
- Serve: Top brownie bites with buttercream and serve.
Can you freeze espresso brownies?
Yes, let them completely cool and place them in a freezer safe container or bag (without frosting). When ready to eat, place them in the refrigerator to thaw.
- Make sure to spray the mini muffin pan generously with non-stick cooking spray to make sure they don’t stick.
- Let brownies cool in the pan a little before removing.
- I use a toothpick to pop the bites out of the pan. You could also use a fork or knife.
- Be sure to soften butter before making the frosting.
More delicious chocolate desserts
- Chocolate chocolate chip cake – Delicious, moist chocolate bundt cake filled with mini chocolate chips.
- Cake mix brownies – A super easy way to make brownies with a cake mix.
- Chocolate sheet cake – Thin layer of chocolate cake with a fudge frosting.
- Black forest chocolate chip brownies – Brownies filled with cherries.
- Oatmeal fudge bars – Chewy oatmeal bars with a chocolate fudge center.
I am sharing this recipe at Dixie Crystals. Click on Espresso Brownie Bites to get the full, printable recipe.
*** I have an ongoing relationship with Dixie Crystals for recipe development. I was compensated for my time to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.