Need an alternative to creamer for your daily coffee drink, try coffee with evaporated milk. This shelf stable alternative to milk is a great way to add a touch of creaminess to your coffee.
Have you ever made a hot pot of coffee only to realize you are out of milk or creamer? Check your pantry for a can of evaporated milk.
Coffee with evaporated milk is a great alternative for your regular coffee creamer. Coffee with sweetened condensed milk is another great alternative if you like your coffee a little sweeter.
What is evaporated milk?
Evaporated milk is made with fresh milk that has been heated so that 60% of the water evaporates. Once the water evaporates, the milk is homogenized, canned, and then sterilized. The great thing about evaporated milk is that it is has a long shelf life and doesn’t need to be refrigerated.
The main differences between evaporated milk and condensed milk is that condensed milk has a thicker consistency and added sugar.
Why this drink recipe works
- Evaporated milk is a good substitute to milk or heavy cream. Since it’s shelf stable, it lasts for a long time.
- A wonderful, budget friendly coffee creamer substitute.
Evaporated milk – You can usually find evaporated milk packaged in a can in the baking aisle.
Coffee – Brew your favorite black coffee or instant coffee. This also works with tea.
Optional – Sweetener like sugar, or sugar alternative.
How to make coffee with evaporated milk
This recipe can be prepared to suit your taste. I recommend adding as much evaporated milk as you would usually with creamer or milk.
Step one: Pour hot, brewed coffee into a mug.
Step two: Carefully pour evaporated milk into the coffee. Stir until combined.
Step three: This last step is optional. If you have a little sweet tooth, add in your favorite sweetener like sugar.
- Evaporated milk can also be used to make hot chocolate.
- This recipe calls for 3 tablespoons of evaporated milk but you can easily adjust the amount to suit your taste.
- Want to a little extra sweetness? Try adding a flavored syrup or maple syrup to the coffee.
- Store any leftover evaporated milk in an airtight container or jar with a lid in the refrigerator.
Iced coffee with evaporated milk
You can also easily make this with iced coffee.
Step one: Make coffee, let it completely cool and then store in the refrigerator to chill.
Step two: Fill a glass with ice cubes. Pour cold coffee into glass leaving a little room for the evaporated milk. Pour in desired amount of evaporated milk and sweetener then stir to combine.
More coffee shop drink recipes
- Chai Tea Latte – Easy, spicy hot tea recipe.
- Copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Recipe – This copycat recipe includes hot tea, lemonade, and honey.
- Mocha Frappuccino – A delicious copycat recipe.
- Vanilla Bean Frappuccino – Cold and creamy, this frappuccino is a delicious drink for a hot day.
- Copycat Starbucks Puppaccino – Don’t forget about your furry friends. Make your own homemade pup cup.
- Chocolate in Coffee – Easy way to sweeten up your coffee with chocolate.
Did you try this creamy coffee drink? Let me know in the comments below.
Coffee With Evaporated Milk
- 1 8 ounce brewed coffee
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sweetener or to taste
- Pour hot, brewed coffee into a mug.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- If adding sweetener, stir in until combined.
- Serve coffee hot.