Vodka cranberry is a delicious, sweet and tart cocktail that is easy to make for yourself or a crowd. A refreshing drink that is perfect served anytime of year.
If you enjoy simple vodka cocktails be sure to also try this easy lemon drop , cranberry Moscow mule and vodka soda recipe.
This is one of the most popular vodka cocktails around. Some people refer to this drink as a Cape Cod but whatever you call it, the taste is the perfect blend of sweet and tart.
If it’s hot outside this drink is great served with lots of ice and fresh lime for a refreshing drink. If it’s the holiday season, try adding a sprig of rosemary and sugared cranberries for a festive bevarage.
What makes this drink delicious
Vodka – Use chilled vodka if possible. Feel free to use your favorite brand. I like Tito’s, Five Wives, or Absolut for an affordable but delicious spirit.
Cranberry juice – Use your favorite cranberry juice.
Lime juice – A squeeze of fresh lime juice balances out the sweetness of the juice.
Ice – These simple cocktails are best served really cold.
How to make vodka cranberry cocktail
Scroll to bottom for the full recipe and video.
- Ice: Fill a glass with ice.
- Make: Pour in vodka, cranberry juice and lime juice.
- Garnish: Add a slice of lime and cranberries for a colorful garnish.
- Serve: Serve this drink cold in your preferred glass.
Can you make this drink for a large group?
Yes, vodka and cranberry can be made into a big batch cocktail for a party or gathering. Use a ratio of about 1 part vodka to 2-3 parts cranberry juice and then the juice of one lime and add to a pitcher. The ratio depends on how strong you want to make the drink. Pour over glass full of ice when ready to serve. Add several slices of lime to the pitcher for garnish.
Can you make this non-alcoholic?
Yes, if you would like a non-alcoholic version, try this cranberry mocktail. You can substitute the vodka with club soda, lime flavored soda water or even lemon lime soda.
- Chill your vodka ahead of time. If I have space, I like to keep my vodka in the freezer. It keeps it nice and cold, perfect for these kind of drinks.
- Try and use 100% cranberry juice if possible. If you would like a sweet drink you may want to opt for cranberry juice cocktail.
- Feel free to adjust the ratio of alcohol to juice. If you would like yours a little stronger, add around another 1/2-1 oz. vodka.
- This is a great drink to serve at the holidays, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas. Try adding some sugared cranberries for a little holiday sparkle.
- Wait to add ice until ready to drink. If you are serving in a pitcher, I recommend not adding ice to the large batch. It will water down the drink. You can freeze cranberry juice into cubes and add those to help it stay cool.
This is a pretty basic drink recipe so feel free to get creative and try different mixers. A few suggestions to mix with vodka cranberry are:
- Orange juice
- Lemon juice
- Ginger beer (one of my favorites)
Is vodka and cranberry healthy?
Overall I don’t consider alcohol “healthy”, however, vodka is very low in calories and 100 % cranberry juice does offer anti-inflammatory properties, antioxidants and vitamins.
More delicious drink recipes
- Malibu sunset – Delicious combination of rum, pineapple juice and grenadine.
- Malibu bay breeze – Similar to this vodka cranberry but made with rum.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot – A tasty Rumchata drink.
- Midori sour – Vibrant green cocktail made with Midori.
If you made this drink, feel free to leave a star rating and comment below.
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 oz vodka
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- lime slice for garnish
- Fill glass with ice.
- Pour in vodka, cranberry juice and lime juice.
- Optional, add lime wedge for garnish and serve.
Leave a Reply