Malibu Bay Breeze is a delicious summer cocktail. Just the drink for lounging by the pool or ocean. Only 3 ingredients are needed for this layered drink.
If you like Malibu rum be sure to try this Sunset cocktail.
This is a wonderful summer cocktail to enjoy on a warm day or evening. It’s a beautiful Malibu rum drink that really gives you the sense of being on an island.
What’s the difference between a bay breeze and sea breeze?
A sea breeze cocktail has cranberry juice and grapefruit juice while a bay breeze has cranberry juice and pineapple juice.
Why this rum cocktail recipe works
- Only 3 ingredients needed.
- Simple layered drink, no shaker required.
- Can be made in pitchers for a large batch cocktail.
What is in a Malibu Bay Breeze?
Malibu Rum – Delicious, coconut flavor rum that gives this drink a tropical vibe.
Cranberry juice – Adds a beautiful red color and a little bit or tartness to balance the sweet.
Pineapple juice – Adds fruity, island flavor.
Ice – To ensure the drink is nice and cold.
How to make
Scroll down for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Ice: Fill a glass to the top with ice.
- Pour: Start by pouring Malibu rum, then cranberry juice, then pineapple juice.
- Garnish: Garnish with sliced limes.
- Serve: Serve in your favorite glass. I have seen this drink served in a tall glass, short glass and even a hurricane glass.
Can this be made into a big batch drink?
Yes, you can make this drink to serve in a pitcher or larger batch for parties. Use one part rum to two parts pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Start with 1 cup rum, 2 cups pineapple and 2 cups cranberry juice for a pitcher.
You can adjust the rum according to how strong you would like the drink.
Tips for making a Bay Breeze cocktail
- This can be made into a non-alcoholic drink by replacing rum with coconut water, ginger ale, or lemon-lime soda.
- You do not need to refrigerate Malibu after it’s opened, however, you do need to refrigerate any leftover bay breeze cocktail.
Does Malibu go bad?
There is a best by date on the bottle but this date is given for how long the drink will stay at it’s best quality. If the bottle is unopened, it should last for several years.
What else mixes with Malibu rum?
Since this is a coconut flavored liqueur, made with Caribbean run, you can’t go wrong mixing it with fruit juices. Here are a few other suggestions:
- Ginger ale
- Ginger beer
More drink recipes
- Midori sour – Made with Midori melon liqueur, sour mix and soda.
- Sangria float – This is a yummy drink that is great for warm weather.
- Blushing mimosa – If you like pink, fruity drinks, this is a must try.
- Pineapple lemonade – This refreshing drink can be made into a cocktail by adding some vodka or sparkling wine.
***If you made this drink, feel free to leave a comment and rating below. This recipe is for people of drinking age. Please drink responsibly.
Mailbu Bay Breeze
- 1 oz Malibu rum
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- lime for garnish
- Fill glass with ice.
- Pour rum, cranberry juice and then pineapple juice. Add sliced lime or orange for garnish.