This Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot is a delicious, creamy RumChata drink. Tastes just like the cinnamon sweet cereal we grew up eating.
This Cinnamon Toast Crunch shot makes a great drink for happy hour, dessert or after dinner. It’s sweet and creamy with a kick of spice from the whiskey.
What is Fireball?
It’s a cinnamon whiskey that has some added sweeteners. I think it kind of tastes like RedHots candy.
People do drink it straight but I think it’s best when mixed like in this RumChata shot. You can also try mixing it with cola, apple cider, hot chocolate and cranberry juice.
What is RumChata?
My sister introduced me to this cream based liqueur a few years ago. The ingredients it’s made with are Caribbean rum, real dairy cream, cinnamon and sugar. It is very smooth and milky with a hint of alcohol taste. A very similar taste to horchata.
RumChata tastes great straight from the bottle but it’s also a good liquor to use in shots and cocktails. It mixes well with coffee, hot chocolate, cola, rootbeer and of course, Fireball.
How to make
Scroll to the bottom for full recipe, ingredients and video.
- Ingredients: Begin by gathering the ingredients and glasses. I like using shot glasses but this can be made into a cocktail with a larger glass.
- Garnish: Place cinnamon and sugar mixture on a small plate. Dip the rim of shot glass in a bowl of water and let excess drip off. Place the rim in the sugar mixture to coat the top.
- Pour: Pour in RumChata and then Fireball.
- Serve: Serve as is or garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or cinnamon stick.
Does RumChata have to be refrigerated?
This is a cream based drink but does not have to be refrigerated because the cream has been homogenized with the rum so the alcohol acts like a preservative. Just store in a cool dark area that has a temperature between 50-75 degrees F.
Does it go bad?
An opened bottle stays good for about 9 months to a year while an unopened bottle can stay good for several years.
- If you prefer the shot to be cold, pour the RumChata and Fireball into a shaker with ice and shake for about 30 seconds and then pour into glasses.
- For a little added vanilla flavor, try adding a splash of vanilla vodka.
- To get that true cereal taste, crush up Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal and use that to rim the shot glasses or sprinkle on top of the drink.
- This can also be made using a larger cocktail glass. Use 2-3 parts RumChata to 1 part Fireball.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pudding Shot
You can make this drink into more of a dessert with the addition of pudding.
Mix a 2 (3.5 ox) boxes of Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix, 1.5 cups milk, 1/2 cup Fireball and 1 cup RumChata. Pour into shot glasses and refrigerate until they are set. Yum! These are fun to serve at a party.
More delicious drinks
- Iced vanilla latte – This is the perfect drink to get you going on a warm summer morning. Add a little Bailey’s or Rumchata to make it a coffee cocktail.
- Pineapple lemonade – This is a refreshing drink that’s easy to make. Again, this can be turned into an adult drink by adding prosecco.
- Blushing mimosa – A favorite for brunch!
- Sangria float – Add a little fun to your sangria with some sorbet.
***Make this recipe, feel free to leave a comment and rating below.
***This post is intended for people 21+. Please drink responsibly.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot
- 1 oz Fireball whiskey
- 2 oz RumChata
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup water
- Pour water in a small bowl. Mix cinnamon and sugar on a small plate or bowl.
- Dip rim of shot glass in water and shake off excess then dip into cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour Rumchata in glass and then top with Fireball. Serve