Cranberry Moscow Mule
Nov 30, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This festive cranberry Moscow mule is simple to stir up and a delicious version of a classic cocktail. An easy drink to make for a quiet night at home or a holiday gathering.
It’s cranberry season, when you can easily find fresh cranberries on the grocery store shelves. We love using these beautiful red berries for a variety of things like cranberry jalapeno dip , cranberry dump cake and cranberry cheesecake dip.
Cranberries also are a wonderful addition to a traditional Moscow mule drink. Add a splash of cranberry juice and fresh or frozen berries for the perfect drink to entertain with during the holiday season.
What you need
What do you need for a tasty Moscow mule? This recipe is similar to a vodka cranberry cocktail and calls for just 4 simple ingredients.
Ginger beer: Ginger beer adds a nice spicy, ginger flavor to this drink. There are many brands of ginger beer on the shelves but I recommend just going with your favorite. A few of my preferred brands are Fever Tree, Bundaberg and Gosling.
Vodka: The best vodka for a Moscow mule can vary, but go for a quality, clean, crisp vodka like Tito’s, Absolut, or Ketel One. I would avoid using the cheapest brand on the shelf. Since this recipe has such few ingredients, go for quality.
Cranberry juice: I like using cranberry juice cocktail because it’s easy to find and a little sweeter. Feel free to use 100% cranberry juice for a drink that’s less sweet and more tart.
Lime juice: Use fresh squeezed lime juice for the best mule cocktail.
Ice: Crushed ice is traditional for this drink but you can also use regular ice cubes.
How to make cranberry Moscow mule
This drink is as simple as pouring and stirring.
- Fill the glass with ice or crushed ice.
- Pour in vodka, cranberry juice, ginger beer and lime juice. Stir to combine the flavors.
- Garnish with frozen cranberries, lime wedge and serve.
- Feel free to adjust the quantities of each ingredient to suit your taste. If you prefer a slightly spicier drink, add more ginger beer. If you like sweeter, add more juice.
- If serving this in a pitcher, I recommend not adding ice to the pitcher. Make sure your juice and ginger beer are cold before mixing, then when ready to drink, pour over a glass of ice. This way your large batch Moscow mule won’t get watered down. You can also add frozen cranberries or frozen lime wedges to help keep the drink cold.
- Traditional Moscow mules are served in a copper mug. They help to keep the drink cool and refreshing and they are also just really darn pretty.
How to garnish
This Moscow mule can be garnished in a number of ways. Here are a few suggestions:
- lime wedges
- cranberries or frozen cranberries
- fresh rosemary
- fresh mint
- crystalized ginger
Can this be made into large batch?
This cranberry Moscow mule can be made into a single serving or a large batch for a party. Serving this in a pitcher is great way for guests to be able to serve themselves during the gathering.
To make this cocktail into a large batch, increase the amounts according to how many servings you would like to make. For 6 servings I use:
- 6 oz vodka
- 8 oz cranberry juice
- 12 oz ginger beer
- Juice of 2 limes
- Frozen cranberries
Can I substitute ginger ale for ginger beer? Yes, if you would like a sweeter, less spicy Moscow mule, you can substitute ginger ale.
Can I make a cranberry Moscow mule mocktail? Yes, this can be made into a mocktail by leaving out the vodka.
Can I change the alcohol? Yes, a “mule” cocktail can be changed by simply changing the liquor. Try substituting vodka with rum, gin, bourbon, or tequila for a twist.
More easy cocktail recipes
- Malibu sunset – Fruity drink made with rum.
- Malibu bay breeze – Another delicious version of a coconut rum drink.
- Midori sour – Fun, colorful drink made with Midori liqueur.
- Vodka soda – A classic, simple cocktail.
If you made this cocktail recipe, let me know if the comments how it turned out and feel free to give it a star rating. I love hearing from you!
Cranberry Moscow Mule
- 1 cup ice
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz cranberry juice
- 4 ginger beer
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup cranberries for garnish optional
- Add ice to copper mug or glass.
- Pour vodka, cranberry juice, ginger beer and lime juice over the ice. Gently serve and garnish with cranberries and lime wedge.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.