This vodka soda is clean and crisp. A light cocktail with a few simple ingredients.
This vodka soda recipe is a simple, sugar-free cocktail. It’s made with vodka, club soda and citrus juice and is the perfect refreshing drink.
Why this vodka cocktail works
- Only need 3 ingredients!
- Low in calories, only around 65, and low in carbohydrates.
- Cool, refreshing drink that can be made in minutes.
What you need
Even though there aren’t many ingredients, you want to make sure that they are quality.
Vodka – This is the star of the show so make sure to use a high quality vodka. A few recommendations are Ketel One, Belvedere, Tito’s, Grey Goose and there many more wonderful brands.
Club soda – Bubble water! Club soda is a carbonated water that contains a few additives. Be sure not to mix club soda up with tonic or soda water.
Lemon – A splash of lemon juice adds some flavor. Could substitute with lime.
Ice – This drink needs to be cold so be sure to fill the glass with ice. I like using large ice so it doesn’t melt quickly and water down the drink. You can make large ice at home easily in an ice mold.
There is no right answer but I would recommend using a highball glass or a shorter glass. I find with the taller glass, the club soda can become overwhelming.
How to make vodka soda
Scroll to the bottom to watch video, get ingredients and full recipe.
- Ice: Fill the glass to the top with ice. The drink is best super cold.
- Pour: Pour vodka in glass, then club soda. Squeeze in lemon juice. The vodka soda ratio is about 1 part vodka to 2 parts club soda.
- Serve: Garnish with lemon and serve cold.
- This drink is served best extra cold. I like keeping the vodka bottle in the freezer for at least an hour before making.
- For a little variation, trying using an infused vodka like orange or cucumber vodka.
- Can you substitute club soda? You could replace club soda with a flavored soda water. If you want to add a little sweetness, try a splash of cranberry or orange juice.
Can this be made into a large batch?
I wouldn’t recommend making this drink in large quantities. The keys to this drink are cold and carbonation. With larger batches you end up loosing a bit of the carbonation.
What else can you mix with vodka?
Vodka is a spirit that blends well with many things. A few great mixers are:
- Cranberry juice like this vodka cranberry recipe.
- Grapefruit juice
- Iced tea
More drink recipes
- Blushing Mimosa – Twist on the mimosa with cherry and pineapple juice.
- Strawberry Mimosa – Frozen strawberries are added to a mimosa.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot – This shot tastes similar to the breakfast cereal. Made with Rumchata and Fireball.
- Lemon Drop Shot – A sweet favorite that can be made into a shot or cocktail.
Watch the video below to see how easy this drink is to make.
- 1 1/2 oz vodka chilled
- 4 oz club soda cold
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Fill glass with ice.
- Pour in vodka and then club soda, filling to the top.
- Squeeze in lemon juice and add lemon for garnish.
- Serve cold.