Homemade strawberry milk can be made in minutes. Forget the pink powder, this easy recipe uses real strawberries and is sweet, creamy and guaranteed to be the best strawberry milk you have tasted. This strawberry drink can be made in about 15 minutes.
Strawberry milk is one of our favorite ways to use any extra berries. It’s simple to make and you only need four basic ingredients. So put away the powder, once you make this homemade recipe, you will never want Nesquick strawberry milk again.
Strawberries – Hull and chop the strawberries. You can also use frozen strawberries, just allow them to thaw.
Milk – Use your favorite milk. This works with every type of milk, even soy, nut milks and oat milk. I will say that whole milk will give you the most creamy, rich taste.
Sugar – Granulated sugar adds sweetness.
Water – Used to make the strawberry syrup.
Food coloring – This is totally optional. If you want to make the milk more pink in color, add 1-2 drops of red food coloring like this natural food coloring.
How to make strawberry milk
There are two parts to this recipe, the strawberry syrup and the milk. It makes enough for two small glasses of milk but you can easily double the recipe for more drinks.
Step One: Strawberry Syrup– To make the syrup, place chopped strawberries, water, and sugar in a saucepan. Cook on medium heat until the mixture starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. .
Pour the mixture through a mesh strainer into a bowl or glass to get the delicious strawberry syrup. Press against the berries with a spatula to really get all of the juices through the strainer. Let the syrup cool and place in the refrigerator to chill before using. ***If you don’t have a strainer, remove the strawberries with a slotted spoon or fork.
Step Two: Combine – Pour cold milk into a glass and then stir in 4 tablespoons of syrup. Stir until combined and serve.
How to store
Store the strawberry syrup in an airtight container or jar in the refrigerator. It will last one week in the refrigerator. I recommend storing the syrup and milk separately.
Other ways to use strawberry syrup
- Try using in a Shirley Temple or Roy Rogers instead of maraschino juice.
- Pour over pancakes or waffles.
- Drizzle over ice cream.
Sweetener – You can use monk fruit sweetener for a sugar free version.
Milk – Use your preferred milk. Whole milk is super rich and creamy but you can also use 1%, nut milks, soy milk and oat milk.
Color – This recipe makes a beautiful light pink milk. If you want it a little darker pink, add 1-2 drops of food coloring.
More strawberry recipes
The Best Strawberry Milk
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and chopped can also use thawed, frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 4-5 cups milk
- 2 drops food coloring optional
- Place chopped strawberries, water, and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Once the berries have broken down and syrup becomes thick, remove from heat. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl or glass. Press against the berries with a spatula to get all of the juices through the strainer. Discard the berries.
- Place the syrup in the refrigerator and let chill.
- Pour cold milk into glasses. Add 3-4 tablespoons of syrup into each glass and stir until combined.