Strawberry cookies that require only 4 ingredients! These can be made in no time and no need to chill the dough!
This post has been updated April 19, 2019.
There is something about whipping up a batch of cookies that is so satisfying. It’s also a fun activity to do with my kids now that they are a little older.
Cake Mix Cookies like this strawberry version and lemon version have become some of our favorites to make because it’s seriously so easy! No need for a mixer or to chill the dough.
Cake mix, 1 egg, powdered sugar, and whipped topping…that is it!
How to make
- Mix together cake mix, egg and whipped topping in a bowl.
- Place the powdered sugar in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Roll cookie dough into small balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart on a greased cookie pan or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
Can I freeze?
Yes! You can freeze the dough balls by placing them on a cookie sheet in the freezer. Once they have frozen, place the balls into a freezer safe container.
When ready to bake, put the frozen cookie balls on a cookie sheet and let them come to room temperature before baking.
Can I use a different flavor cake mix?
This recipe can be used with different flavors like vanilla, chocolate, lemon and red velvet. This strawberry cookie version is probably my favorite.
- You can make the batter a day ahead of time, just store it in the refrigerator before ready to bake.
- Drop a tablespoon full of batter into the powdered sugar before attempting to roll into a ball. It helps the dough not stick to your hands.
- Don’t over bake. These cookies might not look quite done when you take them out but once the cool they will be perfectly chewy.
- Store these cookies in an air tight container for up to a week.
More cookie recipes
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- German Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- Cherry Bon Bon Cookies
**If you made this recipe, please give it a star rating below.
- 1 package strawberry cake mix
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 carton 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and whipped topping until well combined.
- Place sugar in a shallow dish.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into sugar and coat in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Remove and place on wire rack to cool.
Also, the recipe as written yields 5 dozen cookies. When my sister and I make them it is more like 2 dozen.