Today is National Sibling’s Day so I thought I would share a recipe that my sister gave to me. Sarah, my sister, has been making these cookies for several years. When she first made them for me I couldn’t believe how few ingredients were involved. They are super soft and cakey. Cake mix, 1 egg, powdered sugar, and whipped topping…that is it!
- 1 package strawberry cake mix
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 carton (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and whipped topping until well combined.
- Place sugar in a shallow dish.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into sugar and coat in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Remove and place on wire rack to cool.
Also, the recipe as written yields 5 dozen cookies. When my sister and I make them it is more like 2 dozen.