Strawberry cookies that require only 4 ingredients! These can be made in no time and no need to chill the dough!
This post has been updated April 19, 2019.
There is something about whipping up a batch of cookies that is so satisfying. It’s also a fun activity to do with my kids now that they are a little older.
Cake Mix Cookies like this strawberry version and lemon version have become some of our favorites to make because it’s seriously so easy! No need for a mixer or to chill the dough.
Ingredients Needed: Cake mix, 1 egg, powdered sugar, and whipped topping…that is it!
How to make Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Mix together cake mix, egg and whipped topping in a bowl.
- Place the powdered sugar in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Roll cookie dough into small balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart on a greased cookie pan or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
Can I freeze cake mix cookies?
Yes! You can freeze the dough balls by placing them on a cookie sheet in the freezer. Once they have frozen, place the balls into a freezer safe container.
When ready to bake, put the frozen cookie balls on a cookie sheet and let them come to room temperature before baking.
Can I use a different flavor cake mix?
This recipe can be used with different flavors like vanilla, chocolate, lemon and red velvet. This strawberry cookie version is probably my favorite.
Tips for making strawberry cookies
- You can make the batter a day ahead of time, just store it in the refrigerator before ready to bake.
- Drop a tablespoon full of batter into the powdered sugar before attempting to roll into a ball. It helps the dough not stick to your hands.
- Don’t over bake. These cookies might not look quite done when you take them out but once the cool they will be perfectly chewy.
- Store these cookies in an air tight container for up to a week.
More Cookie Recipes
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- German Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- Cherry Bon Bon Cookies
**If you made this recipe, please give it a star rating below.
- 1 package strawberry cake mix
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 carton 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and whipped topping until well combined.
- Place sugar in a shallow dish.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into sugar and coat in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Remove and place on wire rack to cool.
Also, the recipe as written yields 5 dozen cookies. When my sister and I make them it is more like 2 dozen.